Russel Tchewa 7’0 C Texas Tech Transfer to USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Being out of scholarships means nothing. If the coaches want him then they will pursue and if he wants to be here, there will be room. You don't just get to 13 and stop and relax.
    Bingo - we have a winner! Give that man a ceeegar!

If the coaching staff find THEIR guy and they want him, room will be made - book it.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

If the coaching staff find THEIR guy and they want him, room will be made - book it.

That is all.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Wonder where this kid will end up at. I think he might have been a better option...
        He might well have been a better option and if 3G thought he had the inside track to get Tchewa then who knows where we might stand today. It's possible that 3G didn't feel that strong about his chances of getting Tchewa or, if he was, he wasn't totally sold on him. 3G is making these decisions based on much, much more information than we have at our disposal.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.
          I have my own theory about what might be going on but I probably should just hold my water and let it play out. It's a WAG. I don't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I have my own theory about what might be going on but I probably should just hold my water and let it play out. It's a WAG. I don't know anything.
            SWAG is the preferred method around here... we’re all experts.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

SWAG is the preferred method around here... we’re all experts.

No science behind mind. It's just a WAG.

Comment

Committed to South Florida.

Comment

I thought the primary evaluation method around here was PFA. And that ain't "Protection From Abuse".
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Nice get for USF!!

Comment

Are Durr and Yetna back too? Because if they are the Bulls will be a handful to say the least in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Are Durr and Yetna back too? Because if they are the Bulls will be a handful to say the least in the paint.
                        It appears that both will be back and will be Juniors. If Tchewa has to sit a year, they will be a load next year and an even bigger load in two years!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

It appears that both will be back and will be Juniors. If Tchewa has to sit a year, they will be a load next year and an even bigger load in two years!
                          So, I really like our coach, but I think he screwed the pooch a little here.

And if I'm right, will be hear a justification or excuse when we play them and fail due to not having an experienced proven, to-size for our conference front line? Seems like ShockRef was hinting on that. If our big guy is as good as the coaches say he is, perhaps we will be fine. If not, we may have to spend some long nights watching the game with 'our favorite adult beverage' (I believe that was a paraphrase on what he said).

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So, I really like our coach, but I think he screwed the pooch a little here.

And if I'm right, will be hear a justification or excuse when we play them and fail due to not having an experienced proven, to-size for our conference front line? Seems like ShockRef was hinting on that. If our big guy is as good as the coaches say he is, perhaps we will be fine. If not, we may have to spend some long nights watching the game with 'our favorite adult beverage' (I believe that was a paraphrase on what he said).
                            I get where you are coming from and tend to agree that having a true big would be huge. However, we do not know what went on behind the scenes. Maybe they did reach out to Tchewa or other bigs and maybe they weren't interested or it wasn't a fit for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I think i read he's planning on taking a Redshirt year no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                              X