Russel Tchewa 7’0 C Texas Tech Transfer to USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russel Tchewa 7’0 C Texas Tech Transfer to USF

He probably deserves his own thread at this point. What are the odds we would tell TT we’ll get behind a Burton waiver if you get behind Tchewa’s waiver? That’s if he even needs a waiver after the NCAA’s decision.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../russel-tchewa

Last edited by shocks02; April 18, 2020, 07:03 PM.

I’d say if he wasn’t a Teddy Allen level trouble maker, getting a waiver shouldn’t be a problem. Just seems like the winds are blowing strongly in one direction. Even if the NCAA doesn’t pass the new rule or it doesn’t take effect until next year it would take a real jerk of a coach or some reasonable circumstances for a coach not to sign off on a waiver.

I would certainly hope we would grant a waiver for JB regardless of what’s going on with Tchewa.

Comment

I’m imagining Gregg will sign off on all waivers. Regardless of how he may personally feel about players transferring, I just sense that he doesn’t operate that way. He made it clear in his interview with the Lutz’s that he looks at this whole off season as an opportunity and he’s been able to land his key targets that will make next year’s roster far more athletic. Whether that includes this seven footer remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        He probably deserves his own thread at this point. What are the odds we would tell TT we’ll get behind a Burton waiver if you get behind Tchewa’s waiver? That’s if he even needs a waiver after the NCAA’s decision.
        They would still need a release from their previous school. The schools themselves don't grant waivers. The NCAA does on application by the athlete. That will still be in place for the transfers who won't qualify under the new rules. BTW, I would guess there will be very few cases where releases are not given. But if a release is not given then a player would have to go the NCAA waiver route to play immediately.

A one-time transfer policy could significantly reduce waiver requests, but not all players will be eligible. They must meet four benchmarks to transfer and play immediately:
        (1) receive a release from their previous school;
        (2) leave their previous school academically eligible;
        (3) maintain their academic progress at their new school;
        (4) leave under no disciplinary suspension.

Comment

I think they will approve first time transfers this year or approve the waiver of first time transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            I’m imagining Gregg will sign off on all waivers. Regardless of how he may personally feel about players transferring, I just sense that he doesn’t operate that way. He made it clear in his interview with the Lutz’s that he looks at this whole off season as an opportunity and he’s been able to land his key targets that will make next year’s roster far more athletic. Whether that includes this seven footer remains to be seen.
            I’m thinking there may be one guy he might not sign off on...

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

I’m thinking there may be one guy he might not sign off on...
              I'm not sure if this is the one you are thinking but HCGM grants his waiver so he can continue THE PROCESS

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I'm not sure if this is the one you are thinking but HCGM grants his waiver so he can continue THE PROCESS

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

The interesting comment in that article from 247 is the statement that Beard isn’t “enamored with developing interior projects. I think Gregg has proven that he has the patience to develop interior projects. Whether or not he wants to do that with this last scholarship remains to be seen.

Comment

Wonder where this kid will end up at. I think he might have been a better option...

Comment

Looks like Tyson Etienne is in the video. They both played for Putnam so maybe we have a connection?
                        Last edited by Signman; April 21, 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                          Looks like Tyson Etienne in the video. They both played for Putnam so maybe we have a connection?
                          Connection or not, we are fresh out of scholarships after yesterday. Unless he wants to sit a year. ( Doubtful)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

Connection or not, we are fresh out of scholarships after yesterday. Unless he wants to sit a year. ( Doubtful)
                            Not you personally, but generally just Jesse Pinkman...

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

Being out of scholarships means nothing. If the coaches want him then they will pursue and if he wants to be here, there will be room. You don't just get to 13 and stop and relax.

Comment

Working...
                              X