Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Man Prospects (not actually pursuing any to my knowledge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Not even close. I saw him in parts of a couple of games this year. Move well, can anticipate. Head and shoulders above what Mit could ever be.
    Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
    quick scout on Drake transfer Liam Robbins: “Legit 7-footer. Really runs. Great touch and scores in post. Good range. Rim protector. Has a chance to be an NBA player.”

Comment

Until he signs for WSU. The, ******* has never even heard of him.
      The Assman

Comment

Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
        ·
        11m
        Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.

Comment

A Pitino breaking the rules (tampering)??? Never!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            I’m sorry. Is this guy better than AM?
            Uh, is this a legit question? This kid is way ahead of Mit. I like Mit but it's not even close. Moves better, knows how to get in to his position on the floor, legit rim protector.

Comment

) Evan Cole, 6-10, 230, F, Grad, Georgia Tech
              2019-20 stats: 4.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg
              Scout’s take: “Tremendous cutter/slasher who loves to crash the offensive glass and get out in transition. Best with movement and playing downhill, has struggled finding his perimeter shooting consistency. Tough kid who is capable of guarding bigger guys and can surprise you guarding better athletes.”
              Schools: BYU, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Boston College, Santa Clara, ETSU, Boise State, URI, Wichita State, Washington State

Comment

Without researching, I find this another underwhelming big guy. I hope there are better options we can attract.

Comment

Are the Shocks reported as even recruiting him yet?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Robbins has actually slimmed down a lot. When he arrived at Sunrise for a year before heading to Drake he weighed in at right around 300 lbs. He is at 235 now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/4766935002/

Appears to be a late bloomer.
                    I wonder how AM would have done if he could have played at 235 rather than 270?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I wonder how AM would have done if he could have played at 235 rather than 270?
                      Hard to say but I don't think AM is carrying much fat. He is just blessed/cursed with a really big, well muscled frame. Not sure he could do much more than he has from a training standpoint.

Sounds like Robbins was just a chubby cherub when he showed up at Sunrise.

Comment

Verbal Commits
                        @VerbalCommits
                        ·
                        40m
                        Colgate F/C Rapolas Ivanauskas (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer w/one year to play. http://verbalcommits.com/players/rapolas-ivanauskas

Jeff *******
                        @GoodmanHoops
                        · 44m
                        Colgate grad transfer Rapolas Ivanauskas is in the portal, per source: Big man who began his career at Northwestern averaged 13.1 points and 7.6 boards this season. Will be a highly sought-after guy on the transfer market.

Comment

Now this is a guy I can get excited about landing. A 4-star out of HS, went to Northwestern and RS as a freshman, was injured 3 games into his RFreshman year. Transferred to Colgate and was Patriot League POY as a sophomore averaging 16 ppg/8 rpg/43% 3fg. As a junior averaged 13 ppg/8 rpg/26% 3fg. His shooting cooled of as a senior, which led to his reduction in points. This is a total green light for the SHOX.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            A Pitino breaking the rules (tampering)??? Never!!

As expected

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                              Now this is a guy I can get excited about landing. A 4-star out of HS, went to Northwestern and RS as a freshman, was injured 3 games into his RFreshman year. Transferred to Colgate and was Patriot League POY as a sophomore averaging 16 ppg/8 rpg/43% 3fg. As a junior averaged 13 ppg/8 rpg/26% 3fg. His shooting cooled of as a senior, which led to his reduction in points. This is a total green light for the SHOX.
                              After watching a couple videos with sit down interviews, I’m sold. Really solid kid with a well rounded skill set, hard worker and determination. Has overcome a lot.

Comment

According to Jeff *******'s (grain of salt) Grad Transfer rankings we have expressed interest to Evan Cole (GT big man)

​​​​​​33) Evan Cole, 6-10, 230, F, Grad, Georgia Tech
                                2019-20 stats: 4.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg
                                Scout’s take: “Tremendous cutter/slasher who loves to crash the offensive glass and get out in transition. Best with movement and playing downhill, has struggled finding his perimeter shooting consistency. Tough kid who is capable of guarding bigger guys and can surprise you guarding better athletes.”
                                Schools: BYU, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Boston College, Santa Clara, ETSU, Boise State, URI, Wichita State, Washington State

Also our dream guy:
                                ​​​​​​10) Rapolas Ivanaauskas, 6-10, 230, PF, Grad, Colgate
                                Stats: 13.1 ppg, 7.6 rpg
                                Scout’s take: “Can play the four or the five. Can pick and pop, pick and roll, capable 3-point shooter who is very aggressive in the post and can score over either shoulder and either block, but he’s best when his isolated on the right block. Will back you down and usually it’s not coming back out.”

Comment

Working...
                                X