Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarence Jackson 6'6 G/F 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it is hard to judge a 6'6 player because you don't know what kind of 6'6 player he is. If he is like Claudis Johnson, Cheese Johnson, Rashard Kelly, and Evan Wessel than you want them on your team. There is not a lot of juco information on him, but his high school information is outstanding.

Led his team to Two State Championships in the State of Georgia. Two 1st team All State by the Coaches Association and one other association. He scored over 1000 points and grabbed over 1000 rebounds. I don't know but in my opinion he sounds like a 6'6 bruiser. Hey I am not saying he is X, but we have to remember that X was only 6'6. Height does not determine your heart.Lets wait and see him. The Shocks have had pretty good luck getting players out of Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      Sometimes it is hard to judge a 6'6 player because you don't know what kind of 6'6 player he is. If he is like Claudis Johnson, Cheese Johnson, Rashard Kelly, and Evan Wessel than you want them on your team. There is not a lot of juco information on him, but his high school information is outstanding.

Led his team to Two State Championships in the State of Georgia. Two 1st team All State by the Coaches Association and one other association. He scored over 1000 points and grabbed over 1000 rebounds. I don't know but in my opinion he sounds like a 6'6 bruiser. Hey I am not saying he is X, but we have to remember that X was only 6'6. Height does not determine your heart.Lets wait and see him. The Shocks have had pretty good luck getting players out of Georgia.
      From his highlight videos (admittedly pretty limited) he seems to be more of a perimeter player than X was but that's where the game is trending these days.

Comment

From his HUDL video, I can see how some can make the Cle comparisons. Can handle through traffic. Can finish through contact. However, I didn't see any highlights of him twisting his ankle like he took a sniper shot and come back in the game 2 minutes later.

Comment

Totally different body type and game but you can’t tell me Carl Hall was a mm over 6’6, if that, after he cut his hair.

Comment

He might be a slight upgrade from Michael. Clarence has one year of college (Juco) and was successful. Also, we have no idea if the injury to Michael would be totally healed by fall. I like this move.

Comment

Also fills a small part of the huge hole in the sophomore class. Always trying to see the positive side. I even see the positive side to SHOXAAC

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

From his highlight videos (admittedly pretty limited) he seems to be more of a perimeter player than X was but that's where the game is trending these days.
                Yeap from watching that video I have to agree with you. He has a lot more perimeter game than I thought. One thing about this class, we got some guys who can run and finish through contact, and shoot threes.

Comment

Love his quotes in the paper about Play Angry, wanting to be a shocker for a long time, etc. Someone get on Facebook and see if he has any annoying family members.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap from watching that video I have to agree with you. He has a lot more perimeter game than I thought. One thing about this class, we got some guys who can run and finish through contact, and shoot threes.
                    Yes I noticed that as well. Other than Poor Boy I think just about everyone else seems to be a greyhound. Seem to have a good number of skywalkers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Someone get on Facebook and see if he has any annoying family members.
                      I hate to tell you this, but if you don't have any annoying family members ... you are the annoying family member.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Also fills a small part of the huge hole in the sophomore class. Always trying to see the positive side. I even see the positive side to SHOXAAC
                        You are in rare company my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Not a whole lot of tape out there, but here's one I found (music is NSFW, if that even applies anymore)

Maybe not a lot of highlight tapes, but there are whole games on YouTube with him and his juco team playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241630581.html

"He said he picked WSU over other finalists in LSU, Texas Tech, New Mexico State, Boise State and Iona."

Ok, so he had some better offers than what was noted
                            It must have been difficult to turn down the chance to potentially have some in-room female entertainment.

Comment

Trey Wade clone.

To me Council is the one who looks like a Cle type of player/athlete. Isn't Council up to 6'7" now? Plus Council has long arms.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post

Maybe not a lot of highlight tapes, but there are whole games on YouTube with him and his juco team playing.
                                I watched a couple of those this afternoon. My impressions are that he's got some juco defensive tendencies (stands around a bit too much), but he seems to have really good hands and a nose for the ball. He crashes the boards and is very quick and long. Serviceable shooter. Should be a good piece off the bench starting out.
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X