Elbert "El" Ellis 6'3 PG 2021 JUCO to Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Sorry if I'm taking this a different direction, but did I just watch a 6 minute 41 second highlight video of a PG and NOT see a single pass?
    After reading your post, I went back and looked at the video tape. You are right!!!!!! I did't see 1 pass or assist made by Ellis in the video. I also could not find any stats on assists or assists/turnover ratio. Why are they listing him as a point guard?

Comment

He averaged 4.5 assists per game. He is a point guard. On the tape, you don’t need to see him making passes as much as shoooting and dribbling. One assumes that a point guard knows how to make a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

After reading your post, I went back and looked at the video tape. You are right!!!!!! I did't see 1 pass or assist made by Ellis in the video. I also could not find any stats on assists or assists/turnover ratio. Why are they listing him as a point guard?
        I'm glad someone else saw that.

Here's some stats I found: https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/20...rs/elellis4psd

Not bad on assists at 4.5 apg and 2.5 TOpg for a 1.8 A/T (however that ratio was 244th among JUCOs). Shoots very well. Not sure what having only 37 steals says, seems OK.

Comment

El Ellis Ball Control Per Game

Assists Per Game = 4.5
          Turnovers Per Game = 2.5
          A/TO Ratio = 1.8

Steals Pre Game = 1.1
          The Assman

Comment

picked the Eagles over a host of two-year schools, including Eastern Florida State College, Cape Fear Community College and Moberly Area College,................. and four-year schools such as Santa Clara, Southern, North Carolina Central, Eastern Kentucky, Kennesaw State and Charleston Southern.

Had 4-year offers, so is he a qualifier or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              El Ellis Ball Control Per Game

Assists Per Game = 4.5
              Turnovers Per Game = 2.5
              A/TO Ratio = 1.8

Steals Pre Game = 1.1
              Thanks for the information.

Comment

Can’t seem to locate Taylor’s recruiting spreadsheet. Was Ellis ever listed after we offered? I don’t recall seeing it.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

If he’s an academic qualifier, he doesn’t have to complete two years at junior college.
                  Thank you! So he was a HS senior or prep guy in 2019-2020. Chose to go to JUCO for 2020-2021 but only has to go one year because he qualified academically.

So, did he not qualify academically to go D1 out of HS?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Thank you! So he was a HS senior or prep guy in 2019-2020. Chose to go to JUCO for 2020-2021 but only has to go one year because he qualified academically.

So, did he not qualify academically to go D1 out of HS?
                    I’m guessing he was a qualifier out of high school and decided a year (or two) of junior college was his best option to play at a higher level. Again, I’m guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Can’t seem to locate Taylor’s recruiting spreadsheet. Was Ellis ever listed after we offered? I don’t recall seeing it.
                      Taylor didn't add him because he's not 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor didn't add him because he's not 2020.
                        He's already played one year JUCO. If he's an academic qualifier, he should be eligible immediately, 2020-21. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He's already played one year JUCO. If he's an academic qualifier, he should be eligible immediately, 2020-21. Am I missing something?
                          No, that’s where I’m confused also.

Comment

From what I understand... He's not 2020 because he doesn't want to be 2020. He wants to finish his 2 years there

Comment

From what I understand... He's not 2020 because he doesn't want to be 2020. He wants to finish his 2 years there

Comment

I know guys all want to play "now", but would not a RS be best? Learn the system 1 year, play alongside Porter 1 year, and be the guy the last 2. Still plays 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X