Elbert "El" Ellis 6'3 PG 2021 JUCO to Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbert "El" Ellis 6'3 PG 2021 JUCO to Louisville

Shockers have now offered highly sought after El Ellis from Tallahassee CC. Teammates with recent shocker offer Tariq Silver. Originally from Durham, NC. May be a qualifier who could play D1 in the fall with 3 years to play (more to come). Offers from Louisville, UConn, Iowa St, Arizona St, ECU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, DePaul, Nebraska, NC State, Wake Forest.

JUCO stats: https://www.tcceagles.com/sports/mbk...2?view=profile

Wichita State? More like North Carolina State!

Am I right?!
    The Assman

Comment

:46 into the video and he already looks like a Grant Sherfield type, but with a nose for the hoop.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Yes please!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yes, please. I like the ratio of drives to the basket + catch and shoot threes to step back off the dribble jumpers.

Comment

Package deal? Screenshot_20200329-151032_Twitter.jpg

Comment

Showing Waspun's back there. Is he a Waspun type player?

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                Showing Waspun's back there. Is he a Waspun type player?
                Click on photo in post #1, it’s Ron Baker.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The signing of Alterique Gilbert may actually impact who would be willing to sign on as a backup point guard. Would a guy like Ellis be willing to be AG's backup and understudy for a year before taking over? Also could WSU pull a Grant Gibbs with AG and get an additional year of eligibility since he only played in 3 games in 2016-17 before receiving a medical redshirt due to a torn labrum and then only playing in 6 games in 2017-18 before reinjuring the shoulder and requiring a 2nd season ending surgery. OTOH, with AG's injury history the Shockers have to have a quality backup available for insurance.

Comment

If you could think outside the box, you could play Ellis some at 2 guard with Gilbert. How would you like to try and stop both of them at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      The signing of Alterique Gilbert may actually impact who would be willing to sign on as a backup point guard. Would a guy like Ellis be willing to be AG's backup and understudy for a year before taking over? Also could WSU pull a Grant Gibbs with AG and get an additional year of eligibility since he only played in 3 games in 2016-17 before receiving a medical redshirt due to a torn labrum and then only playing in 6 games in 2017-18 before reinjuring the shoulder and requiring a 2nd season ending surgery. OTOH, with AG's injury history the Shockers have to have a quality backup available for insurance.
                      At 6’3”, Ellis’ role looks like he could play both on and off the ball rotating with Al and Tyson, with Chaunce doing more learning and fewer minutes.
                      Last edited by Shockm; March 29, 2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

More like it if we can get him

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

At 6’3”, Ellis’ role looks like he could play both on and off the ball rotating with Al and Tyson, with Chaunce doing more learning and fewer minutes.
                          Yeah, I could see that. I even mentioned that perhaps Chaunce is a redshirt candidate but that is a call he would have to make since 3G only suggest redshirting but leaves it up to players. But we are still a long way from those considerations at this point. But I do like the two signings this weekend. Its's a good start.

Of course what really matters is how El Ellis would look at something like that. Would that be attractive to him or is he of the mindset that wherever he goes he wants to be the man running the team from day 1. Obviously, that is impossible for us to know unless Ellis tells us his mindset.

Comment

Another good juco point guard with 3 years of eligibility. I think the shocks are recruiting several players that fall within this category. I hope the shocks land one. Go shocks.

Comment

I read somewhere that he is the best juco 2021 in the country

Comment

Working...
                              X