No announcement yet.

Jaden Seymour 6'8 F 2020 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not redshirt freshmen? So we should’ve just wasted a year of eligibility with Bilau sitting on the bench this year.

I would think that a coach would be like “hey, you’re not likely going to be a rotation player this year so let’s redshirt you. We don’t want you to lose a year of eligibility but you’re in our plans for the future and this would give you a chance to improve your skills and body to make an immediate impact next season.”

Rather than the kid just sit on the bench and lose a year of eligibility playing minimally.

if you can get a player to understand that and have the patience necessary, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. But I think that’s the challenging part.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I don't think it's a done deal that the new transfer rule passes
      I hope not as it opens up a can of worms on so many levels.

I am afraid they feel like they have to pass it however. If they don't, they are afraid it will open themselves up to freedom of movement lawsuits, I fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I hope not as it opens up a can of worms on so many levels.

I am afraid they feel like they have to pass it however. If they don't, they are afraid it will open themselves up to freedom of movement lawsuits, I fear.
        I think that with consistency, a one time transfer rule that doesn't allow a player to go to another team in the same league, and asks the coach who loses the player for his approval, isn't a bad rule. There may need to be some discretion from the NCAA with limitations regarding the coach who approves or disproves the transfer, but overall some movement isn't a bad thing. However, some limitations needs to be a part of the process or it just becomes open season and rampant cheating will be the result.

If Ricky Council and Chaunce Jenkins are patient, they will be great players by their junior season so I hope they are team players with good character. They are big time athletes, and coaches who take chances on those types of players need to be rewarded for their decisions.

Comment

I like Jaden Seymour, and Elias King for two bigs. They are both positionless, and yet big enough to play the 4/5 if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I like Jaden Seymour, and Elias King for two bigs. They are both positionless, and yet big enough to play the 4/5 if necessary.
            King is a McDuffie size player
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

King is a McDuffie size player
              As is Jaden Seymor. 6-9, 185 per Taylor Eldridge. 20 lbs lighter than the 6-8, 205 King but also a year younger.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

As is Jaden Seymor. 6-9, 185 per Taylor Eldridge. 20 lbs lighter than the 6-8, 205 King but also a year younger.
                That’s a little light for a post player
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                  Not redshirt freshmen? So we should’ve just wasted a year of eligibility with Bilau sitting on the bench this year.

I would think that a coach would be like “hey, you’re not likely going to be a rotation player this year so let’s redshirt you. We don’t want you to lose a year of eligibility but you’re in our plans for the future and this would give you a chance to improve your skills and body to make an immediate impact next season.”

Rather than the kid just sit on the bench and lose a year of eligibility playing minimally.

if you can get a player to understand that and have the patience necessary, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. But I think that’s the challenging part.
                  Let's say the transfer rules don't change and either party wants to split next year. JoBu will only have 2 years of playing left. Now, he came in with injuries, which alters the scenario a bit, but I'd rather see what they can do as Freshmen and then have a redshirt available if needed for development, injury, balance a class, or facilitate a transfer.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shockersx View Post

That’s all well and good but Marshall doesn’t tell players to redshirt.

Comment

He might strongly suggest it but from what he says he leaves that decision to the player. Forcing a kid to redshirt against their will would seem to be counter-productive.

IIRC correctly, in Ron Baker's case 3G talked to him about coming off of his redshirt decision but Ron stuck by his decision to redshirt which shows some young men can make good decisions.

Comment

Sure he leaves the ultimate decision to the kid. But he’s still going to explain/encourage the potential benefits of doing so.

Comment

Committed today

Comment

Comment

Might be a RS candidate, like they were talking about.

Or....worst case...a Dex replacement
                              The Assman

Comment

If you are worried about him leaving for the nba I don't think you need to worry. But then again that's just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X