Alan Griffin - 6-5 G, Illinois Transfer to Syracuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Griffin - 6-5 G, Illinois Transfer to Syracuse

Sophomore 6th man, 8.9 ppg, 41% 3FG, 4.5 RPG.

He had a "cone of shame" moment this season:

Last edited by RoyalShock; March 25, 2020, 09:37 AM.

Son of former City League great Adrian Griffin from East. Can stroke it from long, but his indiscretion stomping on a Purdue player this season isn't one of his shinning moments.

Comment

His brother, Adrian, is a 5-star Duke commit for 2021. My guess is he ends up at Duke.

Comment

Would be nice if we could have had all 3 play here.

Would have been a great Wichita pipeline.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Would be nice if we could have had all 3 play here.

Would have been a great Wichita pipeline.
          We had more than chance to make that happen, but dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Cooooheeeennnnn!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I know that Mike Cohen wanted Adrian, we fired him before he could make that happen, and our new coach (Scott Thompson), didn't see it the way Cohen did, and recruit them hard. Then Cohen encouraged coaches at Seton Hall to recruit Griffen (and the Duerksen kid from Hillsboro). When you say that we had a chance to make that happen, are you saying that WSU leaders should have kept Mike Cohen?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I know that Mike Cohen wanted Adrian, we fired him before he could make that happen, and our new coach (Scott Thompson), didn't see it the way Cohen did, and recruit them hard. Then Cohen encouraged coaches at Seton Hall to recruit Griffen (and the Duerksen kid from Hillsboro). When you say that we had a chance to make that happen, are you saying that WSU leaders should have kept Mike Cohen?
                Ok, Thommmppppsssooooonnnnnn!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I’m not sure that Cohen’s going to Seton Hall and giving them this inside information on hidden gems wasn’t more damaging than Thompson getting a late start and not really knowing enough about Griffin to go after them hard. They weren’t being recruited by anyone. A good comparison on their recruitment would be Ron Baker who almost no one knew about. I think that Thompson really didn’t know about them either. He never saw them play.

Comment

I'll play along here. First, I said nothing about Cohen or Thompson. Either way, we had more than a chance to sign him. My sources said that Adrian wanted to play for WSU. Those sources and myself played pickup ball with Adrian a few times during his early NBA coaching period during a summer or two when he was back here. I never asked him point blank. Nevertheless, is it possible that Cohen could have gotten a commitment from him well before his last season was over?

At what period of time did Cohen "encourage" Seton Hall to recruit him? One would have thought that someone that close to AG would have already had him committed to WSU.

You say that Thompson got a late start (assuming he needed players), yet looked past a quality hometown product, a hometown known for having outstanding high school players? What better way to endear yourself to the hometown fans.

However you wish to slice it, both coaches had good opportunities to sign him.

Add: By the way, Adrian is an outstanding person and would have ben an assist to any team.

Comment

I didn’t say Thompson had a late start as much as Griffin wasn’t being seen as a valuable recruiting target by anyone except Cohen.

Comment

I’m not sure that Cohen’s going to Seton Hall and giving them this inside information on hidden gems wasn’t more damaging than Thompson getting a late start and not really knowing enough about Griffin to go after them hard. They weren’t being recruited by anyone. A good comparison on their recruitment would be Ron Baker who almost no one knew about. I think that Thompson really didn’t know about them either. He never saw them play.
                        I didn’t say Thompson had a late start as much as Griffin wasn’t being seen as a valuable recruiting target by anyone except Cohen.
                        Want to try again?

Nevertheless, I did chastised Thompson with the rest of my sentence, late or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          Son of former City League great Adrian Griffin from East. Can stroke it from long, but his indiscretion stomping on a Purdue player this season isn't one of his shinning moments.
                          I suspect Pops had a few good words of advice for his son with regards to this incident.

Comment

Jesus, we need some positive news

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Jesus, we need some positive news
                              I'm not Jesus but I got a 9 pack of Charmin Extra Soft at Branson Hills Walmart today !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X