Elias King 6'8 F Miss State Transfer to Middle Tenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes. Mo wasn't the answer. He was 5 fouls. He blocked out, rebounded and played good defense but his shot was blocked too many times by taller players, he couldn't shoot on the perimeter, and he couldn't shoot foul shots which because of his low post game, he got fouled a lot.
    I think Mo could have easily been part of the answer. I don’t know the stats but I don’t really recall him being blocked down low more than anyone else. In fact, I was often surprised by his ability to make a shot among the trees.

IMO his biggest issues were he fouled too often and struggled with consistency at the FT line. Both improvable things.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
      ^^^^ ShockTalk . Dave Dahl-esque, but spot on. A little larger sample size but I couldn't resist.

Who were we talking about?

Elias King? Never heard of him.
      I used that sample size wondering if IPBC's increase in time and MU's lowering had something to do with who stayed and who didn't. At Houston, IBPC played 18 minutes with 3 fouls, MU played 10 minutes and had 2 fouls for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes. Mo wasn't the answer. He was 5 fouls. He blocked out, rebounded and played good defense but his shot was blocked too many times by taller players, he couldn't shoot on the perimeter, and he couldn't shoot foul shots which because of his low post game, he got fouled a lot.
        Sadly, you are correct on the assessment of his game. The free throws became a big problem in league play as they just decided to foul him close to the basket. He couldn't make them pay for their mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I think Mo could have easily been part of the answer. I don’t know the stats but I don’t really recall him being blocked down low more than anyone else. In fact, I was often surprised by his ability to make a shot among the trees.

IMO his biggest issues were he fouled too often and struggled with consistency at the FT line. Both improvable things.
          Sorry, but Mo was not a skilled big man. If he was a 7-footer I could live with his lack of skill, but he is not. His upside had a very small window IMO. We need a certain amount of athleticism in a post player. Mo did not fit that scenario. He played hard, but he had to because he wasn't skilled (AAC level skilled). He was to short for a 5 that is limited in the way he is. Great kid, but it was good he and us moved on.

Just so we stay on thread track, I say we pass on Mr. King.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Sorry, but Mo was not a skilled big man. If he was a 7-footer I could live with his lack of skill, but he is not. His upside had a very small window IMO. We need a certain amount of athleticism in a post player. Mo did not fit that scenario. He played hard, but he had to because he wasn't skilled (AAC level skilled). He was to short for a 5 that is limited in the way he is. Great kid, but it was good he and us moved on.

Just so we stay on thread track, I say we pass on Mr. King.
            Fair enough and I do agree with most of what you’re saying.

I just think that he’s pretty similar to the Kadeem Coleby, Lufile, Orukpe, Nurger type of player who were a piece of the three headed monster we usually employ effectively. None of those guys was the solution, in and of themselves, but they each brought a certain set of strengths and weaknesses which could be mixed and matched as needed by the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Fair enough and I do agree with most of what you’re saying.

I just think that he’s pretty similar to the Kadeem Coleby, Lufile, Orukpe, Nurger type of player who were a piece of the three headed monster we usually employ effectively. None of those guys was the solution, in and of themselves, but they each brought a certain set of strengths and weaknesses which could be mixed and matched as needed by the coaching staff.
              Not even close to a Lucile. CL was a beast. Mo is....... not.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Not even close to a Lucile. CL was a beast. Mo is....... not.
                I liked Lufile even though I remember him being a fairly limited player. He had a very specific role and played it well. I’m not saying him and Mo are exactly the same player, just that they are both role players who could be effective in Marshall’s post by committee system.

One additional note, Lufile was already Junior when he came to WSU.

Just looking at his stats, and stats are by no means the be all end all for me, but in his junior year Lufile averaged...

7.9 MPG
                1.6 PPG
                1.8 RebPG
                0.3 BlkPG
                40% FT

Senior year?
                16.7 Minutes
                5.9 Points
                5 Reb
                0.8 Blocks
                .593 FT

Those numbers don’t really scream beast.

For reference, these are Mo’s stats from this year which was his only complete season. Keep in mind he’s a sophomore.

10.5 Minutes
                4.3 Points
                2.8 Reb
                0.3 Blocks
                .464 FT

Comment

Lufile for his limitations was quite athletic. He was a good shot blocker and was good on defense. He was not a good shooter although he improved.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    They are both from the ATL area so I am sure they are familiar. Hopefully AG is putting on the press to get him to join. Would add some height and versatility as well as continue to balance out the classes.
                    Alterique just started following King on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Alterique just started following King on Twitter.
                      He's followed by Clarence Jackson, as well.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Landers and Al are buddies too.

Just sayin'.

We have room for them all though!
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Landers and Al are buddies too.

Just sayin'.

We have room for them all though!
                          Bandwagons... Bandwagons everywhere! - #56366013 added by ...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Followed by Clarence as well. (I think that is new)

Could mean nothing at all.

Man, this stay-at-home has me playing PI hardcore!
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Followed by Clarence as well. (I think that is new)

Could mean nothing at all.

Man, this stay-at-home has me playing PI hardcore!
                              Staying home has me discombobulated also... I used to like my beer (I liked beer) and haven't had one in over 3 weeks. Beer and alcohol sales were up over 55% in March and I'm not participating. I'm in a funk!

I say bring on the 4* King!

P.S.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Taylor expects a commit this week? This kid?

Comment

Working...
                                X