Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterique Gilbert 6'0 PG UConn Grad-Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He not only has D1 experience .. he has 3 years of AAC experience. He has a jump start on scouting reports. More than everyone on the team except Midtgaard
    Yup. That's what I said , too. However, I'd say 2 years experience. He was injured very early in both his 1st and 2nd year. This, along with missing a few games this year, I believe, is his down side. Marshall may need to protect the team from this.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Gilbert would indeed be a solid get. M. Zachery and Darius Perry would both have 3 years left and are excellent IMO. Either would be finer than a frog hair at the PG slot.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Listen, Ref has forgot more than you will ever know about talent evaluation.
        Not sure if sarcasm (I don't think it is and hope it's not) but people should treat ShockRef much like E.F. Hutton.

I suspect we all enjoy locals and legacies and for good reason. I have no reason to voice my opinion on who HCGM wants or should try to get, I'll just say this in regards to CG. His mechanics need a lot of work to become successfully consistent, just like GS. It's just not correct and he's likely never going to be a great shooter unless he fixes it. Grant too. And I hope they both have great careers, wherever that may be.

Comment

After watching numerous highlight tapes of Gilbert, I have to add I hope he becomes a shocker. He has the moxie and grit of a successful Marshall player. Hope he has a big chip on his shoulder walking in the door. I think FSF was thinking of Justice Hill instead of Darius Perry?. I would take Perry for a year as well because we need to gain valuable pieces for an instant return to the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            2018-2019 Season Highlights

Watching him drive and finish at the rim is giving me visions of what a the Shox could look like with a TRUE PG and a much more flowing Offense.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yup. That's what I said , too. However, I'd say 2 years experience. He was injured very early in both his 1st and 2nd year. This, along with missing a few games this year, I believe, is his down side. Marshall may need to protect the team from this.
              While I agree. He was still on the team and likely sat through the scouting report sessions from all of those games. Plus watched the games from the bench. So I still count it as experience.

Comment

Hopefully his injuries are a thing of the past. I recall him missing a few games this season with back spasms. Of course, maybe more time to properly heal with this extended off-season.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Strange, I found myself pulling for Gilbert to score on the replayed Video even over the Shockers. Hope we get him.

I don't have any stat to back up this up, but it appeared to me he made more layups than our entire team did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                    After watching numerous highlight tapes of Gilbert, I have to add I hope he becomes a shocker. He has the moxie and grit of a successful Marshall player. Hope he has a big chip on his shoulder walking in the door. I think FSF was thinking of Justice Hill instead of Darius Perry?. I would take Perry for a year as well because we need to gain valuable pieces for an instant return to the top 20.
                    That's right. TY
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Gilbert would indeed be a solid get. M. Zachery and Darius Perry would both have 3 years left and are excellent IMO. Either would be finer than a frog hair at the PG slot.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        Strange, I found myself pulling for Gilbert to score on the replayed Video even over the Shockers. Hope we get him.

I don't have any stat to back up this up, but it appeared to me he made more layups than our entire team did last year.
                        Would be nice to sign an experienced player who once played in the McDonalds All American game as former Shocks from many moons ago. He D's it up, can finish, can pass, can score, can make big shots, and is a true point guard. This would be huge.

Comment

I guess Ref, 76 and Topshock are the only knowledgeable recruiting guru's so everyone just pay attention to what
                          THEY have to say about recruits/coaches. They appear to know it all so keep your opinions to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

This frog must be eating anything and everything that bugs him. Kind of like trying to pull hens teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not sure if sarcasm (I don't think it is and hope it's not) but people should treat ShockRef much like E.F. Hutton.

I suspect we all enjoy locals and legacies and for good reason. I have no reason to voice my opinion on who HCGM wants or should try to get, I'll just say this in regards to CG. His mechanics need a lot of work to become successfully consistent, just like GS. It's just not correct and he's likely never going to be a great shooter unless he fixes it. Grant too. And I hope they both have great careers, wherever that may be.
                              Thanks Doc, appreciate the words. I think Top is being sincere too.
                              Look, I would like for some local talent on the roster too. And if WSU was still toiling in the Valley GC might be a decent addition.
                              However, we found out this past year what happens if you don't have upper echelon specimens manning the floor.

People need to realize that UC, Houston, Temple, Memphis and to a lesser extent SMU,Tulsa and UCF USF are bringing and will continue to bring in players. I mean real deal players, not what you are used to seeing in Terre Haute or Des Moines.
                              They spend most of their recruiting budgets on scanning prep school & AAU talent, occasionally will hit the JC & eventually HS kids. Those places is where the talent is in todays world and how they will continue to fill their rosters.
                              The days of a college coach getting in a car, drive 150 miles to watch some HS kid play a game or two are over for the alpha dogs. The top level players know it too and why so many post HS teams aka basketball factories, are so common. They have the $$$, the reputations and just as important, the contacts.
                              I see it every summer either working as a clinician at camps or asked to officiate the higher level competition. And with each summer, it becomes even more prominent.

HCGM knows it and I'm confident won't make the same mistake he did with this latest group. Either bring in the level has to have to compete with the big dogs in this league or be content to fight it out with ECU, Tulane or whomever for 4th-7th place.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

You can also add Justice Hill to that list of pg that would have 3 years left. But first thing first, lets get AG. Hope we get AG. He would be a great boost to the program and I think Coach Marshall could help make him better.

Comment

Working...
                                X