Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterique Gilbert 6'0 PG UConn Grad-Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Al won't come here unless he's guaranteed to start. Don't think T Mc would not come in that case
    McGowan would have to sit out a year unless they pass the proposed transfer rule. Don't think he will make a decision until the rule is voted up or down. Might be a good situation if the two of them do show up here just for excellent practice competition for Alterique.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      I’m not gonna hold my breath that “Oz” is right. However, if it is true, getting him and then the best possible JUCO PG transfer (ideally one of the guys with 3 years eligibility) and that is a really nice place to start.

Gilbert and JUCO tbd cover the point this year. Bring in a frosh PG next year who we can work in the mix the next two years and we’re good to go.

Disclaimer: ShockTalk this is only my ideal scenario. Not saying it will happen.
      Gotcha .

Yea, I said "if true" as well, but this hopefully will be better than a fantasy. This team needs "class balancing". Getting AG would help. Adding quality D-I experience helps. Not only would this box be checked, but he has that experience in our conference. Really hope "OZ" knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Lead UConn. in assists with 3.8 per game. He averaged 8.5 ppg. 27.2 minutes per game, 2.3 turnovers.

Shooting----34.6% on FG, 31.8 % 3-pt. and 67% on throws.

Former 5 star.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Would still love to have Grill who I think could be a nice rotational player at 1,2 and maybe even 3 as he is a tough little
          rebounder like his dad. Need more depth especially at PG/SG

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Would still love to have Grill who I think could be a nice rotational player at 1,2 and maybe even 3 as he is a tough little
            rebounder like his dad. Need more depth especially at PG/SG
            Only you.
            Jeezus.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Sorry Ref, not everyone knows basketball like you and 76

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post

McGowan would have to sit out a year unless they pass the proposed transfer rule. Don't think he will make a decision until the rule is voted up or down. Might be a good situation if the two of them do show up here just for excellent practice competition for Alterique.
                Agree. Would think that with AG aboard we have no chance if TM can play immediately. If he cannot play immediately, could be a perfect fit for all -- WSU, AG, and TM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Agree. Would think that with AG aboard we have no chance if TM can play immediately. If he cannot play immediately, could be a perfect fit for all -- WSU, AG, and TM.
                  Convince him that they both have a better chance at the NBA, if they go with this strategy ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Gotcha .

Yea, I said "if true" as well, but this hopefully will be better than a fantasy. This team needs "class balancing". Getting AG would help. Adding quality D-I experience helps. Not only would this box be checked, but he has that experience in our conference. Really hope "OZ" knows what he's talking about.
                    He not only has D1 experience .. he has 3 years of AAC experience. He has a jump start on scouting reports. More than everyone on the team except Midtgaard

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He not only has D1 experience .. he has 3 years of AAC experience. He has a jump start on scouting reports.
                      That, honestly, might be part of his decision.

Comfortable with the conference. Knows strengths/weaknesses of foes. With UConn leaving, he's not doing wrong by them by staying in the AAC.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Sorry Ref, not everyone knows basketball like you and 76
                        Listen, Ref has forgot more than you will ever know about talent evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That, honestly, might be part of his decision.

Comfortable with the conference. Knows strengths/weaknesses of foes. With UConn leaving, he's not doing wrong by them by staying in the AAC.
                          He also has played here a couple times. He knows the atmosphere (both of those games were loud if I remember). So he doesn't have to worry about a visit to know what he's getting.

Comment

If this turns out to be true and we do reel in AG, hard not to be excited. I think the gritty, defensive-minded type PG who has experience is what GM obviously wants. Not to mention AG has plenty of talent to produce offensively. I think the next logical step would be to find a prep PG or even preferably a JUCO guy like Malik Zachery with 3 years of eligibility. That way AG gets his year of running the show while mentoring the younger PG, the younger PG gets a year of guidance and then 2-3 years to take over the reins. Kinda like the progression from Malcolm to Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                              If this turns out to be true and we do reel in AG, hard not to be excited. I think the gritty, defensive-minded type PG who has experience is what GM obviously wants. Not to mention AG has plenty of talent to produce offensively. I think the next logical step would be to find a prep PG or even preferably a JUCO guy like Malik Zachery with 3 years of eligibility. That way AG gets his year of running the show while mentoring the younger PG, the younger PG gets a year of guidance and then 2-3 years to take over the reins. Kinda like the progression from Malcolm to Fred.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gilbert would indeed be a solid get. M. Zachery and Darius Perry would both have 3 years left and are excellent IMO. Either would be finer than a frog hair at the PG slot.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X