Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterique Gilbert 6'0 PG UConn Grad-Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’ll give a nod to Noah.
    Yeah, but then he would erase any good on D by more often than not doing this:

Comment

• Here are highlights of our game against UConn back in January.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        I believe the addition of Gilbert as the PG will be key in attracting more and better recruits to fill out our roster.
        Ran in to Coach today about 5 minutes after he heard the news on Alterique and he said almost the exact same thing.

Comment

I’ll give a nod to Noah.
          Noah was dogish onthe ball, but got beat quite often (not that that makes him unique on our team). Steals are stat-sheet fillers and crowd enegerizers, but I'll take team defense, deflections, keep your man where the team D wants him. Didn't see enough of Noah to know, but manyof his stupendous steals came after he got beat and pure doggedness got the job done.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• For a team that had as little success in the conference (outside of year one), has any fan base had a bigger ego than UGone’s??

Trashing a conference they failed to win ZERO times as mediocre?!
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              For a team that had as little success in the conference (outside of year one), has any fan base had a bigger ego than UGone’s??

Trashing a conference they failed to win ZERO times as mediocre?!
              It’s precisely because of their losing ways that they are a monkey throwing poo. Psychologically UConn is a total wreck, and they are trying like hell to pretend they are what they were under Jim Calhoun.

Calhoun coached them in the old big east, when it had the much bigger schools, media contract, and ESPN. The crying babies in that fanbase are rubbing and squinting their eyes and making believe they are going to relive those memories.

They are idiots. They got humbled in the AAC and it’s in the record books for posterity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post

Ran in to Coach today about 5 minutes after he heard the news on Alterique and he said almost the exact same thing.
                I think that is the hope. I would certainly like to see our options for bigs on the recruiting grid expand.

Comment

• Not only can AG defend, he might just be the best ball handler here since FVV. He is quick on quick and can break down a stingy defense with dribble penetration. Now we need another pg., a 2, and especially 2 really good bigs. Then 2 more really good players that have to set out a Season, but practice with us.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Add in Bilau who I think...think...has elite potential. But we shall see, I’ll try not to get too crazy until I see him in action more.
                    I'm right with what you mention with Bilau. From what I have seen, and positive rumors I hear, Bilau is a raw but talented player that should step right in the mix and contribute. However, maybe if Coach Marshall has one more coaches show, especially when the recruiting is more complete, he will offer in valuable input on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Not only can AG defend, he might just be the best ball handler here since FVV.
                      yep

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

I'm right with what you mention with Bilau. From what I have seen, and positive rumors I hear, Bilau is a raw but talented player that should step right in the mix and contribute. However, maybe if Coach Marshall has one more coaches show, especially when the recruiting is more complete, he will offer in valuable input on that.
                        Any idea if they view him more as a 4 or 5?

In my foggy pea brain I seem to remember him playing the 5 at Shocker Madness and the exhibition game as well as a few comments from Marshall like, “Josephat wants to be a 4, and he has that potential, but right now we see him more as a 5.”

But Taylor does list him as a 4 and he’s a smart guy so I dunno.

Comment

In my foggy pea brain I seem to remember him playing the 5 at Shocker Madness and the exhibition game as well as a few comments from Marshall like, “Josephat wants to be a 4, and he has that potential, but right now we see him more as a 5.”

I'm hoping he is versatile enough to do both. To me, he reminds me of a 4. I just wonder if 3G thinks of him as more a 5. Either way, my gut feeling, with not enough proof, is this young man is a playa!!! I'm going to make time on SN to go back and watch his highlights and relish his ability to drain 3's even though we want his focus in the paint first and foremost

Let's hope Coach Waterman keeps up the good work in his solid Shocker recruiting.

Comment

If Josephat's skills prove to be all that we are hoping for I think he might be tough matchup playing the 5. But will just have to see how that plays out and who 3G brings in at the 4/5 positions. And who knows Poor Bear is hanging around and perhaps he is determined to take advantage of the vacuum this off season has created at his position. I actually would love to see him pull a big man's version of the Graham Hatch step up in his final two years.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Fewer and fewer teams have the old atypical center (think P Miller, Lufile, Coleby, Stutz, AM, MU) and going with a 4 and a 5 that are very similar, but the 5 is bigger. Both can step out, both can guard outside the paint, both can run.

Comment

• Still possible that JE could be granted another senior year. Don't know how likely it is, but we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X