Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Porter 6'1 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What you interpreted as put-down was no such thing. At least not as I intended. Just spoke what I believe to be true.

Did you watch the youtube video? Looks like an upgrade skill-wise. No? The tape don't lie. I'm not judging anyone's character here.
    Yes he looks to be a damn fine player... Hope he brings the leadership required to lead a back court... Hope he brings back the swag of our past elite point guards.

Comment

Upgrade in every respect. Not a slight, just a fact.

Comment

For a kid that's 6'1'' there are a lot of dunks in his highlight reel. Kid has some ups!
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          For a kid that's 6'1'' there are a lot of dunks in his highlight reel. Kid has some ups!
          And blocks. Love seeing that especially after watching Baker stuff his fair share of guys on the final 4 run.

In fairness, Erik blocked some shots too.

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with Erik's athleticism. He has more than adequate physical tools to be a good player. Often it takes more than just physical talent.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Absolutely nothing wrong with Erik's athleticism. He has more than adequate physical tools to be a good player. Often it takes more than just physical talent.
              Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

Comment

Porter will display leadership as his best asset.

Comment

Stevenson and Porter are both athletic, but in a much different sense. Porter has unteachable athleticism, whereas most of Erik's was acquired through training. I'm not a Stevenson backer at all, but will says kudos to him for working to become more athletic.

It's probably a push when comparing straight line quickness/speed and two footed vertical jumps. But thats where it ends. Porter has better quickness, balance, and agility. His second jump is much quicker. Erik has to load up to explode. Porter just explodes. The biggest difference is their ability to jump off one foot. Erik got caught from behind several times on break aways because he had to stop, load, and then jump. Craig explodes off one foot without loading....no slowing down, no catching him from behind.

Craig also has longer arms and better timing.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Stevenson and Porter are both athletic, but in a much different sense. Porter has unteachable athleticism, whereas most of Erik's was acquired through training. I'm not a Stevenson backer at all, but will says kudos to him for working to become more athletic.

It's probably a push between the two when comparing straight line quickness/speed and two footed vertical leaps. But thats where it ends. Porter has much better quickness, balance, and agility. His second jump is also much quicker. Erik has to load up to jump where as Porter just explodes. The biggest difference is their ability to jump off one foot. Erik got caught from behind several times on break aways because he has to stop, load, and the jump. Craig's can explode off one foot without loading...no loading slowing down, no catching him from behind.

Craig also has longer arms and better timing.
                    What would you say about Craig's mentality, work ethic, leadership, and coachability based on what you saw know of him in person?

Seems you'd have better insight than most.
                    The Assman

Comment

Are you saying Erik has mental toughness and / or BBIQ?

Comment

I think that Porter has the immediate edge over the others who left in leadership and decision making. He shows his edge with his high assist average and low turn overs. He appears to be an unselfish player, but hopefully his shooting percentages improve. But even his shooting percentages aren’t much lower than those who left.

Comment

Porter's game looks similar to the one-time Cal great who went on to be the 2-time mayor of his hometown, Sacramento:

... oh,yeah, he also was pretty good at the NBA level too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            7.7 rbs., 6.5 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.9 blocks? That's almost too good to be true.

This kid is playa'!
                            If those stats are correct, this guy has got some major game. ( And I got no reason to believe they are not correct) Anytime a player is averaging 6.5 assists a game that tells me that he has some excellent BB IQ. It tells me that he gets the ball to the open man. And it also tells me he has got guys that can finish when he gets the ball to them. With him and AG running the pg position, I thinking our offense will be much improved.

Comment

Found some full games with good video quality (not always great audio) from this year

Craig Porter #4

Nov. 26, 2019, Vincennes 69 - John A. Logan 65
                              Porter: 18/8 / 5 assists / 3 steals / 0 blocks

Dec. 4, 2019, Vincennes 72 - Wabash Valley 69 (bad audio)
                              Porter: 21/8 / 3 assists / 3 steals / 1 blocks

Feb. 1, 2020, Vicennes 81 - John A. Logan 67
                              Porter: 14/9 / 11 assists / 1 steal / 6 blocks

March 4, 2020, Vicennes 79 - SW Illinois 63
                              Porter: 12/9 / 10 assists / 1 steal / 3 blocks

March 6, 2019, Vincennes 67 - John A. Logan 78
                              Porter: 16/8 / 12 assists / 0 steals / 1 blocks
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thanks for sharing Wuzee. That will go well with the binge watching activities I have planned for quarantine.

Comment

Working...
                                X