No announcement yet.

Chaunce Jenkins 6'4 SG 2020 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaunce Jenkins 6'4 SG 2020 a Shocker!

6'4 shooting guard from Newport News, VA. Current offers are Hampton, VMI, and Robert Morris.

Verbal Commits: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/chaunce-jenkins
    HUDL highlights: https://www.hudl.com/profile/6869149/Chaunce-Jenkins

hello? we need a quality PG. #1 priority

Comment

I like it! Looks like a solid diamond in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        hello? we need a quality PG. #1 priority
        I agree. A project who could come in, learn and get their feet under them would be a good add after we address our PG situation.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I agree. A project who could come in, learn and get their feet under them would be a good add after we address our PG situation.
          That doesn’t mean we aren’t going to extend offers to shooting guards at the same time. While PG is the clear priority, it’s also really important to have depth at the 2 behind Tyson.

Comment

Gotta like this young man's quickness. Hopefully, that would translate well to the defensive end of the court was well. Not a lot of highlights of his perimeter shooting so perhaps more of a slasher at this point?

Comment

Comment

Hopefully a diamond in the rough. Offer list is underwhelming and not a lot of highlights out there

Comment

Kid seems like he can drive

Comment

Guess an athletic 6'4 guard is probably a pretty good thing to have around

Comment

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge's Write-Up:
                        Chaunce Jenkins (Newport News, Va. freshman)

Vitals: 6-foot-4, 160-pound shooting guard from Newport News, Va. (Menchville).

2019-20 season: Helped lead Menchville to a 20-4 record.

Current recruiting: Offered by Wichita State, Southern Miss, Lipscomb, UNC Wilmington and Quinnipiac, among others. Interest from Wake Forest.

Outlook: Another big-time athlete who was a relative unknown until Wichita State offered him recently. There’s not much video of Jenkins online, but it’s clear his elite athleticism and size has caught Wichita State’s attention. Has not been evaluated by Rivals or 247 Sports yet.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Hopefully a diamond in the rough. Offer list is underwhelming and not a lot of highlights out there
                          Gregg and the staff must see something in him to accept his commitment at this stage. It would seem he has the luxury of taking his time with rebuilding the roster so I’m taking this as a good sign. One thing I would think is that Chaunce shouldn’t have super expectations of biting into TE’s minutes and might be a bit more accepting of his status as an understudy and role player. We need a few of those guys on this next roster.

Comment

Looks like Marshall is going for a little different style of SG. A SG who can get to the rim and finish through contact is nice to have.

Starting to look more and more like Bilau pulling a 5 out to the perimeter and opening up the lane for drives is a direction Marshall is looking at. That was tough when used against us this year. Any time I saw Echenique defending 20' from the basket, I knew we were about to be scored on.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like the variety he has in his offensive game. Looks athletic enough and long enough to potentially be a good defender. Kerry Rosenboom needs to work on his body. Sometimes better to get on a kid like this before the he is evaluated by the rating services. Possible redshirt candidate? Maybe, maybe not. Possible combo guard candidate? Maybe. Looks like a young man with some intriguing possibilities if the desire and the work ethic are there.

Comment

Working...
                              X