No announcement yet.

Prince Oduro 6'8 F Miss State Transfer to USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish players in this situation could play immediately but forgo their last season.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      I wish players in this situation could play immediately but forgo their last season.
      That is an interesting thought. I guess the downside for the student-athlete assuming they are interested in the student part of the equation is that would they lose a year of scholarship funding which may or may not be significant depending on the athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That is an interesting thought. I guess the downside for the student-athlete assuming they are interested in the student part of the equation is that would they lose a year of scholarship funding which may or may not be significant depending on the athlete.
        Year 1- Play
        Year 2- sit, transfer
        Year 3- play
        Year 4- sit, graduate
        Year 5- Play

The only reason it makes sense to make a player sit a second time is to make them not want to transfer a second time, but by now they know they are forgoing their fourth year so might as well play right away on 2 year financial aide agreements and be a graduate assistant on scholarship the second year.

After typing that out, it would be intriguing for a player who wants to go into coaching right away, a la JRS.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Just committed to South Florida.

Comment

Comment

Good to see our conference foes winning some recruiting battles.

Want the American to be as strong as possible.
              The Assman

Comment

I felt like we were after him out of necessity rather than him being good anyways. There is just not a lot of good Centers on the market right now

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I felt like we were after him out of necessity rather than him being good anyways. There is just not a lot of good Centers on the market right now
                  Is it too late to keep AM around for another year???

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    And the number that where there has been an indication of interest is even smaller.

At this point Taylor Eldridge has no big men on his recruiting grid unless you count 6-7 to 6-8 200 lb players bigs. Too those are small forwards.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wsF-O/pubhtml#

That said who knows what 3G is thinking. Perhaps he is makeing a move more to a "positionless" style where he has PG's, wings and forwards who can all run and jump like a herd of antelope.

Home, home on the range, where the deer and the Shockers play!
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 4, 2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Is it too late to keep AM around for another year???
                      Technically, no it it is not too late. As a practical matter, yeah it probably is too late. The thing is I'm not sure what 3G has in mind for the style he may want to play with the stable oif greyhounds he has assembled so far. Poor-Bear may be the only guy we have at this point who doesn't fit that mold and we'll see how motivated he is now that he has a pathway to playing time.

Depending on what 3G is thinking in terms of what style of game he wants to play Asbjorn may be better off elsewhere. If Drake's 7 foot sophomore is transferring maybe they should make a run at Asbjorn. That might be a good fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X