Prince Oduro 6'8 F Miss State Transfer to USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Thanks, I didn't see that. If he doesn't get the waiver to play immediately he would be a sit one, play one transfer.
    And considering that the Shocks probably need bigs who can come in and play immediately does 3G really want to gamble on getting a waiver especially with our recent experience with Teddy Allen, who probably actually had a good basis for getting a waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And considering that the Shocks probably need bigs who can come in and play immediately does 3G really want to gamble on getting a waiver especially with our recent experience with Teddy Allen, who probably actually had a good basis for getting a waiver.
      We have a lot of scholarships to fill. I don't expect us to play 13 players. I think you will see a lot shorter bench this year but that might actually be a really good thing if the starters can stay in a flow

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We have a lot of scholarships to fill. I don't expect us to play 13 players. I think you will see a lot shorter bench this year but that might actually be a really good thing if the starters can stay in a flow
        That's true, But is Oduro the guy you want to use one of those scholarships on or would you be better off putting it in your back pocket and see what's available next year? 3G has said he may not use all his scholarships this year. But we'll see how that goes.

Comment

With all the flexibility in the transfer rule, why would this recruit need a waiver? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            With all the flexibility in the transfer rule, why would this recruit need a waiver? Does anyone know?
            It's all TBD. But he's already transferred once

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

While the new transfer rules are TBD they would not apply to Prince since he has already transferred once. I think one of the reasons they are proposing the first time transfer rules is that they were getting a tsunami of waiiver requests.

“More than a third of all college students transfer at least once, and the Division I rule prohibiting immediate competition for students who play five sports hasn’t discouraged them from transferring,” Steinbrecher said. “This dynamic has strained the waiver process, which was designed to handle extenuating and extraordinary circumstances.”
                On the other hand if this does pass then getting a waiver when you don't qualify under these new rules may become a bit tougher although that remains to be seen.

In any case Prince would have to get a waiver to play immediately next year and I am not sure what his extenuating and extraordinary circumstances would be.

Comment

This guy has to sit a year for sure. Would fit into ETN's class

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    This guy has to sit a year for sure. Would fit into ETN's class
                    He already sat out a year after Siena. He played two at MSU. He can’t sit out another unless he gets a 6th year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He already sat out a year after Siena. He played two at MSU. He can’t sit out another unless he gets a 6th year.
                      I believe he has played 1 at Sienna, sat out 1 at MSU and played 1 at MSU. If he transfers to another D-1 school he would have to sit out 1 year and then play 1 year to finish up his 5 year clock.

Prince Oduro (15) F - HONORS & AWARDS 2017-18 All-MAAC Rookie Team • Coaches • Siena   2019-20 • REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE Oduro saw action in 21 gam...

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I believe he has played 1 at Sienna, sat out 1 at MSU and played 1 at MSU. If he transfers to another D-1 school he would have to sit out 1 year and then play 1 year to finish up his 5 year clock.

https://hailstate.com/sports/mens-ba...nce-oduro/5799
                        Yes you’re right. Now if the MSU coach/athletic dept. doesn’t object to his transfer because he isn’t in their plans, the NCAA may give him his waiver. At least, last year that happened often. Didn’t it?

Comment

He should have two years left whether he has to sit or not. He has only played 2 seasons and sat 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes you’re right. Now if the MSU coach/athletic dept. doesn’t object to his transfer because he isn’t in their plans, the NCAA may give him his waiver. At least, last year that happened often. Didn’t it?
                            You know it is hard to predict how that will go. Reportedly one of the main catalyst behind the new 1st time transfer rules is that the waiver system was becoming overwhelmed and that it was designed for special situations that involve extenuating or special circumstances. So if they get back to what the waiver system was designed for they may be a little more stingy on granting waivers or at least they will limit them to where there really are extenuating circumstances. I thought Teddy Allen and a good case and he got shot down. Whether that was primarily because WVU objected I could not say for sure. Not sure what Oduro's extenuating or special circumstances would be. If you don't have that not sure it makes any difference if the former school cares or not. Not sure with his Teddy Allen experience that 3G would want to roll the dice on that with Oduro. I suppose it will largely depend on what other recruiting targets they think they may be able to get.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                              He should have two years left whether he has to sit or not. He has only played 2 seasons and sat 2.
                              But you only get 5 yrs total.

I would hope that he would be granted a waiver based on the fact that he has sat out a year already.

Comment

The NCAA has been so inconsistent, operating without any transparency for so long, that we just have an uncertainty regarding how they make decisions. It has seemed like sometimes it matters who you are and not your situation when they've made past decisions and that leaves many with a distrust of the enforcement mechanism of the NCAA. Until they become more transparent, I'm sorry to say that this will continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X