Malik Zachery 6'2 PG 2020 JUCO to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Zachery 6'2 PG 2020 JUCO to Buffalo

6'2 point guard at Chipola. Had a hand injury that kept him out the whole season. JucoRecruiting stated Malik will have three years of eligibility remaining. His assist numbers from his freshman season were very impressive. Has been offered by Ole Miss and Cal within the last two days.

Freshman JUCO stats: https://chipolaathletics.com/sports/...ery_malik_rppo
    Sophomore JUCO stats: https://chipolaathletics.com/sports/...ery_malik_x6bg

Malik Zachery was ready to have another great year for Chipola College until a hand injury caused him to sit out majority of the year. He has now fully cleared and will have 3 years to play at the NCAA level. Zachery is a tough, high IQ guard that makes winning plays and can run the show. He has gre

Last edited by shocks02; March 18, 2020, 08:23 AM.

Lots of assist on drive and dish. Hits cutters. Appears to know how to use a screen.

Comment

It's been awhile since the Shocks have had a pure point-guard that quarterbacks our offense. We have had lots of shooting guards that can play the point. MZ can penetrate and dish or also finish. Three years eligibility too. Coach would love a true point guard, and this player I hope is high on their list. MZ doesn't just dribble from side to side, but rather skillfully handles the rock and drives towards the basket and makes good things happen.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I read the jucorecruiting.com article the other day. His numbers look good and Chipotle is a traditional power in the Juco. Ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
          I read the jucorecruiting.com article the other day. His numbers look good and "Chipotle" is a traditional power in the Juco. Ranks.
          Hmmm...........That sounds like it would taste good too.

Comment

I really like this kid. Also. Their home crowds look to have gotten him prepared for the roundhouse experience.

Comment

Yes, please. THIS is a kid to get excited about.

Comment

YES!! A true PG. Finally!

Comment

Sign him. Not a lot of scoring highlights but he looks like a floor general who can penetrate and find open teammates. I like that there a lot of highlights of him beating a zone defense in half court. Please get him.

Comment

There certainly wouldn't be any issues with availability of playing time.

Get this guy and Fr who's a true PG.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Dude loves the bounce pass.

Comment

Are we even talking to him?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                          I sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                            Good question. I assumed we were based on Taylor’s tweet but I guess he didn’t specify.

Comment

I assumed so too, but can’t find anything official. Asked Taylor on Twitter as well, but he hasn’t answered...

Comment

Working...
                              X