Jamahri Harvey, 6'4" G, 2020 to UNC-Wilmington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    JB made some big time shots, no question.

JB also missed some bunnies, no question.
    That pass to Dexter at the end of the Tulsa game haunted me for many weeks. All he had to do was put the ball on the rim and we probably go to overtime at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Could it be?

Shock Talk to JB = Asiseeit is to AM?

Maybe.
      Nope. I'm saying Burton probably had a few (2-3) dish-offs inside. As far as getting stuffed, probably closer to 40-50% (which isn't that good either). After leaving, JB kept his mouth shut early (which I respected). He and his sis should have left it at that, IMHO.

Comment

JB made some big time shots, no question.

JB also missed some bunnies, no question.
        The ONLY Shocker to not miss a bunnie is Bilau, hopefully that is only because he didn't attempt any.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He attacked the rim...and got stuffed 90% of the time.
            According to Taylor Eldridge's analysis that is one weakness of Alterique Gilbert's game saying he got rejected at a higher rate than either Jamarius or Grant. Taylor Eddridge: Four ways how Alterique Gilbert can be a game-changing point guard for Wichita State

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241592051.html A GO-TO 1-ON-1 OPTION, BUT WITH SOME LIMITATIONS

As detailed in the first section, Gilbert simply operates at a higher degree of difficulty than most. He’s able to pull off enough good plays to be an effective player on offense, but there’s no denying the aspect where his small stature limits him the most is finishing at the rim. It’s just harder for 6-foot-and-under guys to finish over the trees inside.

That’s where the biggest drop-off will be for WSU at point guard, as it had two point guards last season who enjoyed great success at the rim. As detailed in the chart below, Burton (47.3%) and Sherfield (49.3%) both finished at a much higher rate than Gilbert (35.9%) did five feet around the rim, per Synergy. All indications are that Gilbert just had a down year in finishing, as his finishing percentages at the rim (38.5%) and within five feet (35.9%) were well below his career averages, so if he reverts back to the mean (42.9% at the rim and 40.0% within five feet) then the difference won’t be quite as wide.

Too often Gilbert is left trying a high-degree-of-difficulty shot or having the shot smothered altogether. Per Synergy, Gilbert had an astonishing 25% of his shots blocked within five feet of the basket in a halfcourt setting. WSU ranked in the top-40 nationally in getting its shots blocked this past season, but Gilbert’s rate of getting blocked was even higher than either Burton and Sherfield, who combined to have 20.9% of their shots within five feet blocked.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 30, 2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

According to Taylor Eldridge's analysis that is one weakness of Alterique Gilbert's game saying he got rejected at a higher rate than either Jamarius or Grant. Taylor Eddridge: Four ways how Alterique Gilbert can be a game-changing point guard for Wichita State

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241592051.html A GO-TO 1-ON-1 OPTION, BUT WITH SOME LIMITATIONS
              I think the big difference is one guy is 6’4, the other is 6’0.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

yeah........stop goin in there

Comment

I swear, social distancing is starting to make some of you go crazy
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yeah........stop goin in there
                    Fred got stuffed his fair share of times, comes with the territory. Got his fair of buckets and trips to the free throw line too.

Would love to know Fred’s block %.

Comment

No doubt. But the 6-0 guys needs to understand his "short"comings. I know, I be one. Well a short guy. Not close to 6-0.

Comment

Fred got stuffed his fair share of times, comes with the territory. Got his fair of buckets and trips to the free throw line too.

Would love to know Fred’s block %.
                        The point is the Jamarius was being criticized for something that AG struggles with as well and even more so (irrespective of the reason). We have not necessarily solved that issue with AG but I think AG will be more likely to find a teammate to dump off to than JB would. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Comment

I challenge you to create a highlight reel of as many drives and finishes at the rim by JB as are in AG's highlights.
                          The Assman

Comment

I challenge you to create a highlight reel of as many drives and finishes at the rim by JB as are in AG's highlights.
                            No need to shoot the messenger. I am just quoting observations made by Taylor Eldridge based on his research. But feel free to issue your challenge to Taylor. He actually might be able to do that. Or post some competing statistics that show that he is wrong in his assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No doubt. But the 6-0 guys needs to understand his "short"comings. I know, I be one. Well a short guy. Not close to 6-0.
                              Fred has also shown his abilities to navigate inside on drives with assists and points at free throws after he is fouled in both college and the NBA. I think that Alterique who has demonstrated a penchant for seeing assist possibilities amongst the trees that we will continue to see improvement in this area. Assists weren’t a strength of Burton when he went into the lane. But then I never thought that point guard skills were his strength (even if you did) although he was as good as we had last year. I think Alterique has exhibited his qualities to distribute the ball and look forward to witnessing continued improvement in decision making next year.

Comment

BINGO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X