No announcement yet.

Fall Signing Period, Nov 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will see a commitment before Monday.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I think we will see a commitment before Monday.
      tayloreldridge
      Maybe that’s what his cryptic tweet about “Big news for WSU basketball tonight” was in regards to.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I think we are on to something.

Comment

This is an interesting year where there isn’t IMO a clear transfer candidate. There isn’t a player like Keyser, Brown, or Moore that the writing is on the wall, because of either their skill/lack of playing time or attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
            This is an interesting year where there isn’t IMO a clear transfer candidate. There isn’t a player like Keyser, Brown, or Moore that the writing is on the wall, because of either their skill/lack of playing time or attitude.
            Still time.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I feel the coaches should be looking to bring in a 5 man. It is the 1 weakness I see going forward after this season. While all can be contributors, IMO none have shown the potential to be a major factor against quality teams and someone we can rely upon every night. I believe Midtgaard has shown us who he is at this point. A solid big man who has his moments, but is very match up dependent. I lOVE Udeze's motor and toughness, but he is probably the least skilled of all the big men on the team. I also think 6'8" might be a little generous... I am not sure how well he will be able to hold his own against high major teams with large athletic big men (He has averaged 2.5 points and 1.25 rbs against 4 power 5 teams we have faced.) He strikes me as the enforcer type who comes off the bench and plays spurts to provide energy and toughness. Poor Bear probably has the highest potential of all 3 to become a guy we could count on night in and night out to shoulder the load down low, but he is currently behind the other 2 in terms of development. Maybe he figures it out, maybe he doesn't.

Maybe they need to look at the JUCO or transfer market, but this team is going to need a guy down low they can throw it in to who can get a bucket and space the floor.

Comment

I disagree. I’d like to see a stretch 4 if we bring anyone else in.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I disagree. I’d like to see a stretch 4 if we bring anyone else in.
                  I agree that it would be nice to have a Cle or Markus type of player out there at the 4, but I feel between Wade, Gordon, and Bilau we should be able to put out a player over the next few years that we can count on. I also don't think it's completely out of the question that with the guards we have they don't decide to put 10 lbs of muscle on Dex and have him play more 4 than 3.

Comment

Bilau is the wild card here. I forget about the young man because of the RS. A whole lot of promise and I think he fills the stretch 4 position nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Bilau is the wild card here. I forget about the young man because of the RS. A whole lot of promise and I think he fills the stretch 4 position nicely.
                      He could be a very talented 5 too. For an inexperienced player with only 3-4 years of organized basketball, the 5 is easier play and master.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He could be a very talented 5 too. For an inexperienced player with only 3-4 years of organized basketball, the 5 is easier play and master.
                        Marshall on one of his Coach's Shows said Bilau wants to play the 2, but Marshall wants him to learn the 4 and 5

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Marshall on one of his Coach's Shows said Bilau wants to play the 2, but Marshall wants him to learn the 4 and 5
                          Well then Marshall is the perfect coach for him. Not gonna happen.

Comment

Play the stretch 4 in college and you can play the 2 in the NBA. He is the prototypical NBA player that can play multiple positions if he hits his ceiling.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

GM is the perfect coach to motivate him to concentrate on mastering basic skills first like rebounding, and defense while allowing the natural offensive skills of handling the ball, shooting, and driving the ball to the basket to happen more organically. Even players like Dexter who have played the game for many years have not mastered all of his offensive abilities yet. It takes time (by time I mean years to develop).

Comment

After 1 year practicing with the team he would be ready to play post support to Udeze and Poor Bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X