Fall Signing Period, Nov 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Signing Period, Nov 13

Nov 13 thru Nov 20. Will we ink anybody?

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Nov 13 thru Nov 20. Will we ink anybody?
    No. I think we will be picky this year, and I haven’t seen any mutual interest from those few recruits.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Any visits? Silas Mason? Anybody?

Comment

Seems like we maybe need a big 5 from Juco to replace Jamie. I like Mo and AM...but we are guard heavy and it'd be nice to snag another Jamie type.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Seems like we maybe need a big 5 from Juco to replace Jamie. I like Mo and AM...but we are guard heavy and it'd be nice to snag another Jamie type.
          I’m optimistic, but not yet convinced, that we have any power forwards.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m optimistic, but not yet convinced, that we have any power forwards.
            Wait, between Wade, Gordon and Bilau you don't think we have a good enough power forward spot for next year?
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Wait, between Wade, Gordon and Bilau you don't think we have a good enough power forward spot for next year?
              I have no issues with Wade. He will be stellar even if it turns out he’s not as good as he showed in game one. I’m optimistic about Gordon and Bilau, but if Wade goes down, I have some concerns, in that I haven’t seen enough to be confident that we have enough depth at the 4.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Hope we had 10-12 recruits who consider themselves to be shooters/makers in the building last night. Lots of room on this team for players that can do that.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

we need an athletic shot maker that is in the 6'7-6'8 range that can play multiple positions. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    we need an athletic shot maker that is in the 6'7-6'8 range that can play multiple positions. Is that too much to ask?
                    Kwahi II...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      DeAntoni Gordon?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

we need a 6'5" or 6'6" SF/2G who can shoot it

Comment

Comment

It appears no one this fall (so far)?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              It appears no one this fall (so far)?
                              A good chance we won't based on Taylor Eldgridge's article:

One team you aren’t likely to hear any news from is Wichita State.

With center Jaime Echenique as the team’s lone senior this season, the Shockers only have one available scholarship to give in this year’s recruiting class. And on the eve of the fall signing period, coach Gregg Marshall said WSU is in no rush to fill it.

“We are not stressed about that,” Marshall said. “We are recruiting, but we’re not in any urgent state to replace.”

WSU has only offered a handful of prospects and not hosted one on an official visit in this recruiting cycle, which means WSU is almost assuredly going to wait until the April signing period to make its push.

Taylor did list 4 players in his article that perhaps we should monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X