Great Article on Summer Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Article on Summer Recruiting

Any guess on who the anonymous coach is?

I don’t know but have some guesses

i'm guessing a mac or valley guy. pretty interesting article though on the long dry days of recruiting. i really feel bad for the wichita states of the world back in say 1999/2000. i never really cared for turgeon on the court, but he and jim schaus really did us a solid with the renovation of levitt arena.. which laid the foundation for what we have now.

next question.... do you think that turgeon has wished that he hadn't left wichita?

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe MT did us another "solid" by leaving. It's just wasn't in MT's DNA to stay at a school "like" WSU.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet MT wished he hadn't left about 6 months into the ATM job. He's probably good with it now though.

Probably a MAC coach. In the article it mentions a fellow conference coach and that if his house burned down there would be 11 suspects. So a 12-team conference. Not the Valley.

Comment

I think it was Kent State’s coach, but I’m still trying to figure out who the coach in the league is no one likes.
      Last edited by shoxlax; July 24, 2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Any footage of Norlander sitting next to a coach in the stands during the event? That might out him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

next question.... do you think that turgeon has wished that he hadn't left wichita?

no

Comment

Here is a recruiting-related article from The Athletic on the newly formed NCAA Basketball Academies (a response to the FBI scandal).

Comment

NM
              The Assman

Comment

WSU Selected to Host NCAA College Basketball Academy

Wichita State University has been selected to serve as one of four hosts for the second annual NCAA College Basketball Academies, the NCAA announced Friday.

The event takes place July 20-26, 2020. WSU will be joined by the University of Connecticut, which served as one of the hosts at the inaugural event two months ago, the University of Utah and Winthrop University as the sites for 2020.

Created as a result of recommendations made by the Commission on College Basketball, the College Basketball Academies are intended to give prospective student-athletes a glimpse into the college basketball experience while allowing college coaches from across the country to evaluate players from the high school classes of 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Comment

Working...
                X