• pinstripers
    replied
    Indiana

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by calfan View Post
    Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer, but...

I'm getting sick and tired of the "We're defeated" attitude on this board.

You sound like coach Turgeon: "We can't recruit at that level". I'm getting tired of it.

Why would anyone want to come to WSU from Kansas City? You might ask Landry Shamet. He was a top 100 level player from Kansas City that picked WSU.

Speaking of KU, how did they do on the court the last time they played WSU?

Players like Tamar are going to have to ask themselves: "Do I want to make a difference to a basketball team, or just pass through and not be noticed?"

Hw would hardly be noticed at KU, where they buy and sell players like him every week.

At WSU, he would be noticed and appreciated. He could make a real impact.

Just some of my thoughts. I will hang up and listen.

There are several points to be made about this-

We cannot/will not cheat to get players. KU does. The Andrew wiggins of the world will forever be out of WSU’s reach because of that.

It starts with cultural/mental fit. As we have seen the last few years, cultural and mental fit is the most important aspect of a recruit. Not having the right players in the bus will almost always come back to haunt us. It works in other places because they are being paid. If players aren’t being paid, they want to play.

So yes, in one aspect Turg was right- there is a level of recruit that we we won’t get because we don’t pay. That’s not to say we aren’t a good enough program to get that type of recruit. It’s more to say our program it too clean to get that type of player.

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Originally posted by calfan View Post

You sound like coach Turgeon: "We can't recruit at that level". I'm getting tired of it.

Why would anyone want to come to WSU from Kansas City? You might ask Landry Shamet. He was a top 100 level player from Kansas City that picked WSU.

Players like Tamar are going to have to ask themselves: "Do I want to make a difference to a basketball team, or just pass through and not be noticed?"

Hw would hardly be noticed at KU, where they buy and sell players like him every week.

This

Leave a comment:

• homegrownshocker
    replied
    Absolutely agree with your post calfan! Marshall built the recruiting effort by competing for better athletic players and won his fair share of players. Why can”t Brown do it !! I for one could care less if KU is successful or not. Have seen us climb to the top, win a championship this season, and question why we have to settle. Thank goodness the new staff is out there with a great product to sell and soon the fans have a chance to get out to see a live game again.

Leave a comment:

• calfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shockersarelife
    replied
    Sunrise beating Tamar’s team today nice win gets sunrise in the “national championship “

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Likely going to KU.
    I know you’re probably right, but does anyone think the NCAA sanctions will at some point start to hurt KU recruiting, or does Adidas just keep piling the money higher so they don’t care if they can play in the postseason?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Likely going to KU.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied

2021 IMG Academy (FL)/Texas commit G Tamar Bates is reopening his recruitment. http://verbalcommits.com/players/tamar-bates…
    Quote Tweet

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    goes to Texas, not KU

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Shox not in his final 7. Guessing he is KU bound.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    4* and #85 in the most recent Rivals 150 for 2021:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...r-bates-239280

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Top boys player in KC this past season:

Capture.JPG

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

"TheShocktocles is taking his hate for Kansas a little too far," - William Quantrill

Leave a comment:

Working...
X