Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goes to Texas, not KU

Comment

2021 IMG Academy (FL)/Texas commit G Tamar Bates is reopening his recruitment. http://verbalcommits.com/players/tamar-bates…
      Quote Tweet

Comment

Likely going to KU.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Likely going to KU.
          I know you’re probably right, but does anyone think the NCAA sanctions will at some point start to hurt KU recruiting, or does Adidas just keep piling the money higher so they don’t care if they can play in the postseason?
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Sunrise beating Tamar’s team today nice win gets sunrise in the “national championship “

Comment

Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer, but...

I'm getting sick and tired of the "We're defeated" attitude on this board.

You sound like coach Turgeon: "We can't recruit at that level". I'm getting tired of it.

Why would anyone want to come to WSU from Kansas City? You might ask Landry Shamet. He was a top 100 level player from Kansas City that picked WSU.

Speaking of KU, how did they do on the court the last time they played WSU?

Players like Tamar are going to have to ask themselves: "Do I want to make a difference to a basketball team, or just pass through and not be noticed?"

Hw would hardly be noticed at KU, where they buy and sell players like him every week.

At WSU, he would be noticed and appreciated. He could make a real impact.

Just some of my thoughts. I will hang up and listen.

Comment

Absolutely agree with your post calfan! Marshall built the recruiting effort by competing for better athletic players and won his fair share of players. Why can”t Brown do it !! I for one could care less if KU is successful or not. Have seen us climb to the top, win a championship this season, and question why we have to settle. Thank goodness the new staff is out there with a great product to sell and soon the fans have a chance to get out to see a live game again.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post

You sound like coach Turgeon: "We can't recruit at that level". I'm getting tired of it.

Why would anyone want to come to WSU from Kansas City? You might ask Landry Shamet. He was a top 100 level player from Kansas City that picked WSU.

Players like Tamar are going to have to ask themselves: "Do I want to make a difference to a basketball team, or just pass through and not be noticed?"

Hw would hardly be noticed at KU, where they buy and sell players like him every week.

This

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post

There are several points to be made about this-

We cannot/will not cheat to get players. KU does. The Andrew wiggins of the world will forever be out of WSU’s reach because of that.

It starts with cultural/mental fit. As we have seen the last few years, cultural and mental fit is the most important aspect of a recruit. Not having the right players in the bus will almost always come back to haunt us. It works in other places because they are being paid. If players aren’t being paid, they want to play.

So yes, in one aspect Turg was right- there is a level of recruit that we we won’t get because we don’t pay. That’s not to say we aren’t a good enough program to get that type of recruit. It’s more to say our program it too clean to get that type of player.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Indiana
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X