Detrick Reeves 6'3 G 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detrick Reeves 6'3 G 2020

Detrick Reeves is a 6'3 guard from Marion, Arkansas. Current offers from Southern Miss, Little Rock, and Arkansas State. Has had two good weekends on the UAA circuit, averaging 12.8 points and 3 rebounds per game.

247: https://247sports.com/Player/Detrick-Reeves-46083621/
    VC: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/detrick-reeves-jr

Guys from Arkansas with the last name Reaves/Reeves. Hmmm.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing they aren't related.

• Shockadaisical
      Shockadaisical commented
      Editing a comment
      The resemblance is uncanny you have to admit:)

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, Shocka -- I had to take a second look just to be sure.

He needs a better highlight video because the one posted is not all that impressive.
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
      He needs a better highlight video because the one posted is not all that impressive.
      I hope this is sarcasm. The video shows a lot of good things to me. Ability to drive and get buckets, shooting range, finishing at the rim, passing ability, good handles. Other than it only being a minute or so long, there is enough there to say dude is talented.

Comment

No sarcasm at all. That video is highly unimpressive.
        The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Okeedokie...

Comment

Everything on his tape is below the rim. At 6'3, a bit disappointing.I hope he releases more tapes showing he has hops.

Comment

Here's another vid of him. As a 6'3" guard I'm not convinced he needs to play much above the rim. He shows the athleticism with his drives and finishes. Handles and BBIQ are key.

Comment

Can he defend? How's his motor?

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can he hit a curve ball?

Evaluation by video isn’t best way to determine players value because the competition and other factors such as wingspan are difficult to know. However, this guy appears to have some of the skills that our best players have had. Not an elite athlete but still very nice athlete, Smart and crafty so he can get his own shot, team player, good shooter, etc. Might be a good fit for us.

Comment

Man, with potentially only one open scholarship for 2020, I just hope whoever 3G brings in is an extra special athlete. I don't want to jinx us or anything and I am sure someone else will leave (for the record, I REALLY don't want anyone else from this roster to leave next year), but with JE being the only senior on the team, the staff really has it's work cut out for it. How does a staff balance out all of the offers that inevitably go out and keep these kids interested, knowing there's only one real scholarship available?

Comment

There are 13 scholarships available. Coach will take however many recruits he thinks he needs to make the team and program better. I don’t understand why people focus on counting scholarships. The only thing the “one available scholarship” really means at this point is that we won’t sign more than one player in the November early signing period. However all bets are off for April next year as I’m sure there will be more signings and departures in the spring as there always are.

Comment

I agree that counting scholarships is meaningless. I don't think that we are going to recruit to replace numerous scholarships but any honest person can predict for certain that we will have more than one scholarship available at the end of next year. My opinion is that we will sign two players next November.

Comment

Looks like an athlete in the mold of P.J.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Here's another vid of him. As a 6'3" guard I'm not convinced he needs to play much above the rim. He shows the athleticism with his drives and finishes. Handles and BBIQ are key.
                          He does have decent body control and uses it effectively when driving against a defender to create space. He isn't going to come close to jumping out of the building though. I think TC spoiled me. When I see a 6'3 guard, I want one that can punish the rim AND pull up for a jumper.

Comment

Working...
                          X