Gradey Dick 6'5 G/F 2022 Collegiate to Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Isn’t Run GMC the same team Landry (or some other recent Shocker) played for?
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Isn’t Run GMC the same team Landry (or some other recent Shocker) played for?
        https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nb...213518044.html

The underdog nature may have been engrained in Landry Shamet at an early age, but his time playing for the KC Pumas solidified it.
        In the hierarchy of Kansas City grass-roots basketball teams, the Pumas hardly registered on the AAU circuit. They didn't have a shoe deal like Mokan or Run GMC. They didn't play in the Nike EYBL, Adidas Gauntlet or Under Armour Association.
        In fact, the Pumas wore mesh, reversible jerseys with the letters peeling off and had to coordinate fundraisers every summer to help pay for travel.
        "We would roll into gyms looking like bums," Shamet joked, "but then we would beat the EYBL or UA or Adidas teams."

Wichita North senior guard and Kansas commit Conner Frankamp suffered a broken bone in his left foot on Sunday at an AAU tournament in St. Louis and is expected to be out 4-8 weeks.

Frankamp, 6-foot-1, plays for KC Run GMC and said in a phone interview Monday that he went to an emergency care center in St. Louis immediately after the injury, where they did x-rays and told him there was a hairline fracture.

Last edited by Wooglin; July 27, 2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Wooglin. I remembered it was someone, just couldn’t remember who.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Still in the mix
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• No longer in the mix

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      No longer in the mix
                      Booo!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Why would he? This is a lost year for recruiting. Unfortunately. If IB is chosen as permanent HC, WSU will have more lost years. WSU needs a proven HC.

Comment

• Link to his top 8. Not surprisingly, all P5 schools. Been known that Dick wants to go "major". I would be absolutely shocked if it is anyone but KU.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• And the idiotic Marshall saga likely leads to the Shox missing out on any chance there might have been...

Making a final list of eight choices involved some hard cuts and one of the hardest according to Dick was the omission of Wichita State, the hometown program who was the first Division I team to offer him last summer.

In the end, the uncertainty with who the head coach at WSU would be when Dick would arrive in 2022 eliminated the Shockers. The same reason hurt WSU in the recruitment of another local player in Campus senior Sterling Chapman, who was originally committed to WSU but instead signed with Tulsa following long-time coach Gregg Marshall’s resignation just before this season.

“(WSU) was close and they’re right by my home, but with everything going on there, I didn’t really want to bother with that,” Dick said. “It was hard telling coach (Lou) Gudino and the other coaches that I wasn’t (going to include WSU). They wished me the best and I have nothing but respect for them.”

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                And the idiotic Marshall saga likely leads to the Shox missing out on any chance there might have been...
                                I don't know, from where I sit, I think I['m starting to like Isaac Brown more and more. The team is really playing well, from all signs I'm looking at. The sample size is small, but I do not see the team going through the same funk that they did about this time the last couple of years.

We go to Tulsa and beat them by a few. Houston lost there last night.

We go to Tampa and beat USF in overtime. They play Memphis (at Memphis) to the wire in a tough one point loss last night. If we play as well in Memphis as we did in Tampa, I'd take our chances of sweeping Memphis this year.

I'd focus more on team results and less on what recruit we did or did not get. If we take care of business and have a great year, recruiting will take care of itself. So far, what I am seeing is that the team results have potential to be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X