Gradey Dick 6'5 G/F 2022 Collegiate to Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

High school basketball, like most other sports, is becoming irrelevant.
    There is no body of work like your "club team" in whatever sport you are competing in. That's what the colleges want to see, because of the (usually) high level nature of the competition that club teams can provide. But I would argue there is nothing "irrelevant" about the high school sport experience. From first hand experience with my kids and their friends, there was always a point of pride in the high school sport that can't be matched at the club level, UNTIL you get to a Section or Regional Championship type of event.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

There is no body of work like your "club team" in whatever sport you are competing in. That's what the colleges want to see, because of the (usually) high level nature of the competition that club teams can provide. But I would argue there is nothing "irrelevant" about the high school sport experience. From first hand experience with my kids and their friends, there was always a point of pride in the high school sport that can't be matched at the club level, UNTIL you get to a Section or Regional Championship type of event.
      Yup, the nostalgia lives on, but from a D1 recruitment perspective, its all club now. If you are a high ranking D1 recruit or pro prospect, you should reconsider participating at the high school level. All others might as well enjoy it.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

High school basketball, like most other sports, is becoming irrelevant.
        He’s already a 5* and doesn’t need to leave his friends. He’s also getting a solid high school education. Let’s hope in a couple of years he wants to be the ‘toast of the town’ and have the keys to the city... the balls in his court. Don’t underestimate coach Marshall and his staff; they have a lot to sell in the AAC... and apparently Dick is listening. Marshall will eventually land a 5*; will Grady be the one? He checks all the boxes.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He’s already a 5* and doesn’t need to leave his friends. He’s also getting a solid high school education. Let’s hope in a couple of years he wants to be the ‘toast of the town’ and have the keys to the city... the balls in his court. Don’t underestimate coach Marshall and his staff; they have a lot to sell in the AAC... and apparently Dick is listening. Marshall will eventually land a 5*; will Grady be the one? He checks all the boxes.

Sherfield was a 5* recruit as a sophomore as well. We have good guards. It would be good for Gradey to spend a year learning from the guards we still have his freshman year.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Sherfield was a 5* recruit as a sophomore as well. We have good guards. It would be good for Gradey to spend a year learning from the guards we still have his freshman year.
            GD is a 6'5 kid who MIGHT be 16 years old. Who knows...he might end up a 6'9 threat who can play almost any position! At this point in his recruitment, it appears the sky is the limit and I'd love to see the home town kids continue to succeed on north Hillside. I hope his HS career continues upward and I am positive GM will keep in ear until he declares.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
              https://t.co/AV59SEFpgB?amp=1 anyone have a subscription?
              Bill self must have made it rain...

Comment

Both Gradey older brothers go to Kansas already

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Bill self must have made it rain...
                  There is a lot of reasons for that night "Night at the Phog" being memorable for many many people (including Snoop). KU may be favored now (to land GD), and GD may want to go there to play for Self and/or the Hawks, and maybe even Adidas. However, with the turmoil going on there and with the rumors regarding Self and future turmoil that may last years, who knows what will happen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                      So are we getting a visit? Did we get a visit?
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

So are we getting a visit? Did we get a visit?
                        He's already visited (not sure if it was an 'official visit'?)… and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          He's already visited (not sure if it was an 'official visit'?)… and that's all I'm going to say about that.
                          Sophomores can't take official visits. It was just passed a year or two ago that juniors can now take official visits. Every visit Gradey has taken so far would be on his or his family's own dime.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Sophomores can't take official visits. It was just passed a year or two ago that juniors can now take official visits. Every visit Gradey has taken so far would be on his or his family's own dime.
                            Thanks! It can't cost much driving less than 10 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Every visit Gradey has taken so far would be on his or his family's own dime.
                              Except the KU visit I would presume.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Except the KU visit I would presume.

Comment

Working...
                                X