Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What other teams are vying?

Comment

^^^^^Us, TCU, Rutgers, and SMU according to Taylor Eldridge.

Comment

Had 19 last game vs USF

Comment

Sounds like lots of options for the last spot, with the emphasis on an older player, which makes sense.

Comment

According to ESPN, AY lead his team with 31.8 MPG, 16.7 PG, 7.7 RB per game., and 82 total TO's. His shooting % was .316-3pt., .785 FT, and .413 FG.
            Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 16, 2019, 10:21 PM.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Don’t think we need a high volume below average 3pt shooter, pretty sure we just got rid of one of those. Maybe on fewer higher percentage attempts he could raise his 3pt shooting percentage.

Comment

I like the idea of a grad transfer. Our last one turned out to be a pretty decent player. Plus, it gives us two seniors for next year and helps break up another potential log jam freshman class.

Clearly, this guy can play against mid-major talent. Would be nice to get someone with just a bit more height but as we've seen, it's not always about how tall a player is. But he would certainly fill a void at the 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  I like the idea of a grad transfer. Our last one turned out to be a pretty decent player. Plus, it gives us two seniors for next year and helps break up another potential log jam freshman class.

Clearly, this guy can play against mid-major talent. Would be nice to get someone with just a bit more height but as we've seen, it's not always about how tall a player is. But he would certainly fill a void at the 4.
                  Yes he played a lot of games against so-called midmajor teams. But those videos also show him playing against Michigan State, South Carolina, UCONN, South Florida, Vermont, Providence, and a few others as well. I hope we take a look . He is a graduate transfer with skill and experience.

Comment

In three years, he played Bost College, UConn, Mich St, Providence, So Carolina, South Florida once each and Maryland twice and Vermont 7 times. Here are his stats in those 15 games versus the other 80. These are on a per 40 minute basis
                    G 80 15
                    MP 27.1 27.9
                    FGA 15.9 17.7
                    FG% 0.426 0.368
                    2PA 8.3 9.0
                    2P% 0.513 0.383
                    3PA 7.7 8.7
                    3P% 0.332 0.352
                    FTA 5.6 4.3
                    FT% 0.795 0.778
                    ORB 2.0 2.1
                    DRB 6.9 6.1
                    TRB 8.8 8.2
                    AST 1.6 2.0
                    STL 1.1 1.2
                    BLK 0.6 0.5
                    TOV 2.9 3.3
                    PF 3.6 3.6
                    PTS 20.5 19.4
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not much difference except that his 2pt % just about fell off the chart.

• im4wsu
                      im4wsu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ShockTalk Wonder if that is a difference due to size of the opponent he's facing?

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That would be my guess. He also goes more to the 3pt shot against better teams.

Headed to Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Headed to Rutgers.
                      Where nobody will be aware of his existence.
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Working...
                      X