No announcement yet.

Trey Wade 6'7 F 2019 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a four to me but I could be wrong. Stiff competition there with TA, DG and who knows?
    I'm sure GM is looking at him as an option defensively to guard bigger four men when TA is out sized 4-5
    inches but if DG adds 15 pounds of muscle he could be that guy. Stiff competition at the four spot.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Looks like a four to me but I could be wrong. Stiff competition there with TA, DG and who knows?
      I'm sure GM is looking at him as an option defensively to guard bigger four men when TA is out sized 4-5
      inches but if DG adds 15 pounds of muscle he could be that guy. Stiff competition at the four spot.
      I think most would say we are weakest at 4. All we really have at 4 right now is hopes and dreams and hypotheticals. Who ever ends up starting most of the year at 4 in 2019-2020 will either have zero prior game minutes with WSU, or will be a 3 making it work as an undersized 4. Unless Poor Bear has a revelation over the summer.

Comment

Is there a backup pf we are looking at?

Comment

• shocks02
          shocks02 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know we were mentioned to be involved with Akron grad transfer Daniel Utomi.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe the conventional wisdom is that Marshall doesn't recruit backups, hook.

• Jhook89
          Jhook89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Backup as in if Wade doesn’t work out. A plan B.

From Taylor Eldridge's article, he mentioned that Gregg was looking for versatility, a stretch 4, similar to MM who is flexible, can go outside, or inside, switch on defense instead of fighting through screens, rebound, and shoot. This, evidently describes Trey Wade. We already know that Dexter is versatile. He is a little shorter, but he has strength, and can guard bigger players such as the 6'8 post (PF) from Indiana, or ECU, or guards like the Cincy shooting guard who made POY in the AAC, etc. Dexter was pretty good against the post from Indiana.

Comment

Blackshear would be perfect if he is a team player

Comment

Blackshear would be perfect if he is a team player
            I’m not for sure but Taylor's article doesn’t seem to describe your vision.

Comment

I'm definitely with you on hoping for a junior or senior, Bluz.

Right now, with one current opening after the departure of Torres and RBrown, WSU is set to start next year with 1 sr, 1 jr, 6 so, and 4 fr, which means that if one of the sophomore big men redshirts as has been speculated on here, the combo would be 1-1-5-5. Obviously, attrition is a fact of life these days, at WSU as elsewhere, so those five man classes are likely to shrink over time. But that's still pretty heavily unbalanced, and we've seen that a bunch of departures, especially in consecutive years, can lead to a challenging start (at least) to a season.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 2h2 hours ago More
                • Copy link to Tweet
                • Embed Tweet

Here's the updated scholarship outlook for Wichita State over the next 4 years. Shockers have one final scholarship to hand out for this upcoming season. Fully expect it to go to a grad transfer or JUCO, power forward.

Comment

Bump

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So far, apparently nothing to be bumped.

• GottliebHater
                    GottliebHater commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad I'm not the only one who notices this is pointless. I never post on here, but I think this is the second time I've logged in just to chastise him for this kind of stupidity.

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hopefully you'll have a third opportunity in the near future... #firstworldproblems

I wonder if we told him that we'd offer his little brother as a preferred walk-on?

Comment

Whoa!!!

Comment

Let’s go!!!

Comment

Y. E. S. S. S!!!!!!

Comment

There we go!!!!
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

BOOM!!!!
                            78-65