Kuany Kuany, 2019, 6'10" to Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    We have a pretty darn strong team coming back. I hope we don't waste a scholarship but if we
    can find a guy to improve us - fine. This might be the guy. Not worried about the guard position or
    the wings. If we get a 4* or above fine but I like this guy to improve our TEAM. DD, JB and ES
    give us a damn strong perimeter and they play with synergy and D. I think TE is gonna be a help and RT
    looked really good the 2nd half tonight .
    I agree. RT is the kind of backup point this team has lacked since FVV was a frosh behind Malcom Armstrong.

Comment

Wait, we’re not cutting five or six guys?

Comment

Be careful. They may exercise their option on your senior season Lax

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Wait, we’re not cutting five or six guys?
          guessing two

Comment

I'm still not sure that everyone wants to come back next year. Playing time for a couple of players isn't going up and may come down. Additionally, we may have a player who is homesick even though he is not unhappy in the program. College life for a basketball player is a real grind and some need more support than others.

Comment

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe, maybe not. Winning and fan support tend to fix a lot of that. See Markis.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I'm still not sure that everyone wants to come back next year. Playing time for a couple of players isn't going up and may come down. Additionally, we may have a player who is homesick even though he is not unhappy in the program. College life for a basketball player is a real grind and some need more support than others.
            I see this home sick player comment from time to time on SN. Are we still basing this idea on some random comment coach Marshall made on a coaches show like three months ago? Not saying it’s not a real possibility but...I’m kinda saying I don’t really buy it. But I have no inside info, just my guess.

Comment

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't have to go back to anything Marshall said or didn't say. It's just one of the reasons that some players leave a program. I think sometimes it's used as a cover for "I absolutely hate it here and I could never spend another minute in this program". Things happen and 18-year-old guys sometimes make decisions they later regret.

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              Right, but I’m talking specifically about this year. The home sick thing started circulating after that comment by Marshall.

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              We've got a whole lot of newbies with 2 seniors, one playing in his home town. There is not an abundance of teammates to help them get through all this. Most are away from home for the first time and we are winding down a long first season of D-I ball and college.....and neither are over yet. HCGM wants his players to have high expectations for themselves and, shall we say, helps them along with that. I'd be more surprised if many of the players throughout the year don't have a little "home sickness" from time to time and the longer the grind, the more likely. It doesn't necessarily mean anybody is going to leave because of it, but it does happen. I think some are putting more to this than is there.

Kuany Kuany's thread turned into this? And it's not even the offseason yet?

Way to go, Shockernet -- the board of the tangent!

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I had it all wrong. It's taking me years, but I'm finally understanding your handle.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, ST -- it's much more subtle than WSUthreadpolice.

I will say one final thing regarding these speculations. I personally that more than one of our fine youngsters have voiced unhappiness during the season. Although I’ve heard nothing recently and have no news of the kids mentioning leaving, they are afterall 18-19 year old kids. I doubt anyone is leaving but I didn’t think we’d lose transfers last year. Transfers are common today as you can see by the number of transfers on the list that Pin began on Shockernet. There were 700 last year or maybe that is an incorrect number.

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. 700-something

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I will say one final thing regarding these speculations. I personally that more than one of our fine youngsters have voiced unhappiness during the season. Although I’ve heard nothing recently and have no news of the kids mentioning leaving, they are afterall 18-19 year old kids. I doubt anyone is leaving but I didn’t think we’d lose transfers last year. Transfers are common today as you can see by the number of transfers on the list that Pin began on Shockernet. There were 700 last year or maybe that is an incorrect number.
            You really don't think an underclassmen will leave? I don't have the data in front of me, but I can't remember a year in several years that a player hasn't left the program. The over/under for this year is 2.

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell Pie

• Steeleshocker
              Steeleshocker commented
              Editing a comment
              1.5 or 2.5? Need a betting line...

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              No need to tell me, I’m well aware that at least one player has transferred out since at least 13-14 and it’s been more like two recently. I have my list of likely candidates on this years team just like everyone else.

I see now I didn’t word that well enough. I didn’t mean to say that I don’t think anyone will transfer or that some players aren’t or haven’t been home sick at one point or another during the season.

I just felt like we’d taken coaches months old comment about a guy being homesick and ran with it. But it sounds like Shockm has personal connections to the players so what he’s saying must be pretty accurate.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, if I remember correctly, FVV and Baker both had their moments of unhappiness, too.

So, to quote a famous old SN source, I'm not worried. If anyone leaves -- and history says someone will -- it's more likely to be someone who sees a better on-court future somewhere else, and WSU will fill in just fine.

A lot of this discussion would be more meaningful if we actually got a commitment from a 6'10" guy. Any word, Crystal Balls, or wild speculation about Kuany Kuany? Whether he's coming or not could change the entire discussion this thread got into.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, all I've got is 'saggy' balls... and that's a fact Jack!

Hope we get Kuany Kuany!

I miss you guys. You are solid.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              We’ve missed you too...

Personally, I still want THIS guy - someone who can play both 4/5 with length

Comment

I understand the love for Wade but I believe Kuany deserves a little more attention. Here are highlights from a December game against James Wiseman and Memphis East. Kuany is a regular in these highlights. Unfortunately I couldn't locate a box score

He is long, athletic, coordinated and appears to have good touch inside 15' with some range mixed in. Also, with his length and athleticism, Id be amazed if he wasn't a good shot blocker.

Watch "CAUTION: Memphis East is in TROUBLE Against Prolific Prep | Game Recap!!" on YouTube

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Very good first post.

Is he interested? Are we still recruiting him?

I saw saw that he visited the other WSU in the past week but I saw no other visits listed for him. That may be his choice or ours. I can’t tell but I like him.

Comment

Working...
              X