Marshall traveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall traveling

HCGM said he would be out recruiting a couple times this week. Anyone have source in where planes are headed out of Jabara this week....

Spain? Maybe? Possibly? That kid looks like the second coming of one Tekele Cotton.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The staff is out recruiting in Dallas this weekend. One player in particular but no idea who that is.
      Last edited by Shocktoberfest; March 3, 2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        The staff is out recruiting in Dallas this weekend. One player in particular but no idea who that is.
        What about juco's like Trinity Valley that are close to Dallas? Do they have a juco shooter (guard) or other stud, we'd be interested in?

Comment

David Nickelberry is a 6'7" wing at Trinity that is highly sought. Tyson Jolley is a 6'4" stud that we were sorta involved with in HS. There are probably a gazillion Jucos within 50 miles of Dallas.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Gazillion or gozillion?

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            My 11-year-old son says it's GAzillion (or even bazillion), Doc.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          David Nickelberry is a 6'7" wing at Trinity that is highly sought. Tyson Jolley is a 6'4" stud that we were sorta involved with in HS. There are probably a gazillion Jucos within 50 miles of Dallas.
          A Tyson Jolley type (combo guard) would be more of the type they are interested in.

Comment

• _kai_
            _kai_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Gregg love him a combo guard.

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd want someone that shoots at least in the mid-40's from 3 because you never can tell if a 40% shooter is going to translate to a 40% shooter at the D1 level.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            impossible to tell. Torres was a great 3 point shooter in JuCO, whereas Cleanthony Early was a very mediocre 3 point shooter in Juco.

If we are adding someone and I expect we are, I would think it would be a 3 or a 4. The 4 position is not deep after Teddy next year. And Teddy may have to play 4 on offense and 3 on defense. Gordon is the only other 4 correct?

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            If the personnel remains:

1. Burton, Torres, Fernandes
            2. Stevenson, Etienne
            3. Dennis
            4. Allen, Brown, Gordon
            5. Echenique, Midtgaard, Chandler, Udeze

I guess if Allen plays the 4, and Burton the point, then we do need another wing.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            You have players that really only play one position: Torres, Fernandes, Stevenson (most likely), Brown, Gordon, Echenique, Midtgaard, Udeze.
            Then players that can play multiple positions (*): Burton 1/3, Etienne 2/1, Dennis 3/2, Allen 3/4, Chandler 4/5 (my guess on primary position, although some could play positions equally or change to the other position over time).
            Next is the seniors (#) to be: Torres, Echenique

1. Torres#, Burton, Fernandes, Etienne*
            2. Stevenson, Etienne, Dennis*
            3. Dennis, Allen, Burton*
            4. Brown, Gordon, Allen*, Chandler
            5. Echenique#, Midtgaard, Udeze, Chandler*

You've got at least 3 players who can play at any certain position, flexibility players at every position, and at least 4 players who can play a position that has a senior in it. Add to this that Udeze could redshirt doesn't hurt the 5. I just don't see any glaring weaknesses other than not knowing how fast the "freshmen to be" develop or who might leave. Even if Brown goes, that position still looks potentially strong and the other positions look covered.
            Short of a ringer/lunker, I'm not sure what position would be "easiest" for a 2019 recruit to break into or where their most needed. That's why I'm sitting here and glad Marshall is sitting where he is.

OK, somebody KNOWS who we were looking at. Fess up

Comment

As of today Burton is a PG. BOTH wings need to be shooting threats to prevent defenses from sagging off
            of them. Burton is not there yet. Despite ES not shooting particularly well you DON'T see teams giving him
            space as they seem to respect his perimeter shot. ES will shoot it MUCH better next year mark my words.
            In addition, I could be wrong, but TA's strength is around the basket and not from the perimeter.

Comment

He was in to see Sherfields parents.

Comment

ES's 3pt shooting had a good start to the season (14-42 .333 included a 1-10 game) and has done well in his last 6 games (9-22 .409). The middle 15 games was only 12-60 .200. He has shot 124 3s and is a player that can get hot. So why his shot is more respected is probably do to him being streaky and not afraid of putting up multiple shots. They don't want him to get hot.

Burton on the other hand has only shot 30 3s. He's not going to "get hot" and put up 4-6 3pt shots a game. So while he has a 3pt% about the same as Stevenson, he's not the threat. I will add that JB missed he's first 6 3s of the season. Since then, he is 8-24 .333. He has put up 20 3s over the last 10 games and at least 1 3pt shot every game, so he is trying to draw them out.
                Last edited by ShockTalk; March 4, 2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Getting in good with Momma is always a great strategy.
                  The Assman

Comment

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Plus games at Tulsa and at SMU regularly.

• Shocktoberfest
                    Shocktoberfest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And Houston.

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    even the drive to Memphis and Tulane is not that bad (6 and 7 hrs)

And Ft. Worth. American Conference Tourney there coming up!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                  X