Nnanna Njoku, 6'10" C, 2021 to Villanova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

How would he reclassify to a year earlier if he won't be a senior in high school until next year? Is he going to graduate as a junior? Or am I not reading something right?
    Yes all kinds of ways to get credits before August.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yes all kinds of ways to get credits before August.
      If he was able to get the credits so he could reclassify, what would he be, 17? Or was he held back in one of his previous school years?

Comment

Can he still reclassify to 2019?!
        The Assman

Comment

A commitment for a player like this would really go along way to showing we are serious about competing in the AAC and beyond.

Need to start making it a norm, not a surprise, to pulling players in the Top 50-100 range.
          The Assman

Comment

We certainly need somebody that can finish in the paint and is not afraid of a little contact. I like MU if he could stop fouling. But I am not impressed with AM or IPBC for next year. If we could get him, JBiliau, along withJ Michael we would have more athleticism on the front line with an experienced backcourt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Can he still reclassify to 2019?!
              Hoping to sign him to a 10-day contract for the stretch run this year, ST?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

How would he reclassify to a year earlier if he won't be a senior in high school until next year? Is he going to graduate as a junior? Or am I not reading something right?
                I don't pretend to have any inside knowledge, but there's certainly no doubt that players can graduate from high school in fewer than four years if they try. In football, it's almost becoming the norm for coveted recruits to graduate in December and join their college teams for the second semester of what would have been their senior year of high school so they can go through spring football practice and get a head start. I know that Alabama, for instance, has at least a dozen early enrollees in its latest recruiting class.

Obviously, in basketball the timing works out differently; it's a two semester sport. So a kid would have to be able to graduate in three years plus a summer session to jump ahead. But, as others have noted, that's certainly possible too -- just somewhat more compressed than the 3 1/2 year program for footballers.

Comment

I'd like to see another big. And I'd like to see Marshall sign a really good big. He seems to be able to get good guards, why not a good big?

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                    I'd like to see another big. And I'd like to see Marshall sign a really good big. He seems to be able to get good guards, why not a good big?
                    Name me some.really good bigs outside of the power 5? Not saying there aren't any, but they are few and far between. Jamie is a pretty good one in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

Name me some.really good bigs outside of the power 5? Not saying there aren't any, but they are few and far between. Jamie is a pretty good one in my opinion.
                      Precious Achiuwa immediately comes to mind; agree with your point regards their rarity. Three more you could consider according to Andy Katz

1. Yoeli Childs, BYU;
                      2. Anthony Lamb, Vermont;
                      3. Nathan Knight, William & Mary;
                      Last edited by Shocker1976; February 27, 2020, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Precious Achiuwa immediately comes to mind; agree with your point regards their rarity. Three more you could consider according to Andy Katz

1. Yoeli Childs, BYU;
                        2. Anthony Lamb, Vermont;
                        3. Nathan Knight, William & Mary;
                        Filip Petrusev, Gonzaga
                        Scottie James, Liberty
                        Grant Golden, Richmond
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Maybe the best one... Obi from Dayton.

Comment

Drop a couple bags for this kid. Call Memphis and get their guy’s more experienced boss.

Comment

Color me surprised if we get this kid.

WSU isn’t known for landing Top 75 level recruits, even in a league were other schools can.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                Color me surprised if we get this kid.

WSU isn’t known for landing Top 75 level recruits, even in a league were other schools can.
                                Quit keeping it real, damn it

Comment

Working...
                                X