"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's really not that shocking

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
        It's really not that shocking
        OK, explain it to me

Comment

Off the top of my head posting from a phone...

Love tall point guards
          $hit happens
          You can’t have too many guards... re-watch VCU game for reference
          $hit happens
          Always keep multiple lines in the water when fishing
          $hit happens
          Miss a day shaving and you look like a bum (I haven’t shaved in over a week, yikes!)
          $hit happens
          Players sustain injuries
          $hit happens
          Players change their minds
          $hit happens
          Players have grade issues
          $hit happens
          Continue to upgrade
          $hit happens
          Last edited by WstateU; December 31, 2018, 02:54 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

yeah, I dunno either

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

OK, explain it to me
              They like him that much

Comment

Not a fan of over recruiting. Seems like we're awfully quick to give up on kids instead of developing them over time. Must be my age.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trying to correct the problem he partially created by letting class sizes get too lopsided.

I don’t like it either, but I do like winning. It’s part of the process.
                Livin the dream

Comment

It appears to me that many of these offers are not open-ended without any contingencies. They seem to be offers that are subject to the school having a scholarship available and having a right of refusal if the player says he wants to commit.

Perhaps 3G is just trying to have some insurance policies in place in case of some unanticipated transfers (i.e. Austin Reaves). Then again perhaps he does intend to push a player or two out the door. It is hard to say. 3G is making these decisions with a whole lot more information than we fans have.

Also keep in mind the 3G does have a Pig in the Python class balance issue that many on ShockerNet have been expressing concern about.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Not a fan of over recruiting. Seems like we're awfully quick to give up on kids instead of developing them over time. Must be my age.
                    So you think this scholarship offer is recruiting over a player in the program? Are you sure or are you jumping to conclusions? Weren't you also concerned about over recruiting in the past (including this past fall)? This is before Chance Moore left the program. Isn't there a possibility that Gregg Marshall knew that one of his 13 scholarship players would decide that being patient for playing time for a year or more (as the 11th-13th player on the bench, while the development took place) would greatly increase the odds they would leave? Chance didn't appear to be a strong bench player to me, he had no local ties that would attract him to stay through the time of adversity, and there are probably other reasons that I didn't mention. Another example is early in the year, Poor Bear didn't appear to be into sitting on the bench and helping his teammates while being there (After a short while the light for PB seemed to turn on and he became more supportive but who know s what was going on in his life during that time). There are many other possibilities for players leaving the program that one won't see ahead of time. Personal reasons (Payton Allen comes to mind), injuries, home sickness (some players like the program but they are so far from home they decide they would rather not stay during losing, injuries, academic problems, etc.), and various other reasons come into play. Don't jump to conclusions and wear yourself out. I would imagine that with this many freshmen players that there is a lot we don't know at this time that is happening in their minds that may or may not have to do with basketball.

Comment

Or one of our incoming guards has an issue

Comment

Or Evan Wessel is giving up his scholarship.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Tony says he's taking a visit to Wichita "next weekend," so perhaps the Temple game on Sunday? I would assume it'll be an official visit.

Gregg potentially looking for another point guard to me doesn't scream that Torres' scholarship is in limbo for next season. Could be that GM is thinking we've got a good setup at forward and center and he just needs to find that elite point guard. Even if a forward or center ends up leaving, JE, MU, and Pooh have us setup decently well for years to come.

I think Fernandes is a true point. I believe Etienne will be more of an off-guard.

Comment

I’d say there is a decent change Midtgaard isn’t back next season.

Comment

• Shock Top
                              Shock Top commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'd be surprised if he is.

• rrshock
                              rrshock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think most would be surprised if he was back next year. Something is going on there with AM and HCGM

• 1979Shocker
                              1979Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't think there is anything going on. AM is just not athletic enough for D-1 basketball.
                          Working...
                          X