Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterman, in year 2, appears to be better at recruiting than Linsted and Jones, combined, would have been in years 1 through 10.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Waterman, in year 2, appears to be better at recruiting than Linsted and Jones, combined, would have been in years 1 through 10.
      Totally agree. It's nice to have a former player for Coach Marshall on the staff. Especially one in his prime right now! He's definitely kicking some butt on the recruiting trail!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        They share a vision.

Linstead and Jones had a vision, and it was to be elsewhere. They might end up regretting it if they ever have to face GGG.

• The thing that jumped out at me from Eldridge's article and the accompanying picture was that this kid is an absolute hulk already, even before any contact with Kerry Rosenboom. Granted, the old school snug fitting uni in which he appeared accentuates his bulk, but WSU is going to have some serious size underneath for the next several years.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think a baggy shirt is gonna make those guns look any smaller. KR will do a good job on those legs though, kinda skinny in comparison to the upper body.

• Wonder how good Wade is at SF....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Recruits that won't be committing don't take last-minute visits like this.

Recruits that won't be committing don't immediately replace another school with your school on their top choice list as they prepare to make a decision in a few days.

Recruits that won't be committing don't say things like this:
        Told you guys.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I definitely have to re-calibrate my optimistic tuner as I wasn't feeling it this weekend, the longer his decision was drawn out. Kudos to 3G and Coach Waterman. I'm thinking of adding an additional can of Barbasol each to their Christmas stockings this year, I never want them to run out.

Comment

• We need to pull back the reigns a bit on expectations early on. All the newcomers have a learning curve, and JoB is probably the furthest behind, not to mention he’s not even on campus yet.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Was that a Freudian slip, Dan? The things you pull back are "reins," whereas "reigns" is what a king (or champion) does over a country (or conference). Also, too bad his last name is Bilau instead of Bulau or some such -- then the SN initializers would be able to call him JoBu.

The big difference between him and the guys of his size who go to Kentucky and Duke is that Bilau's tools are much less refined by practice and experience. But the tools definitely appear to be there, possibly more so than in any big Marshall has ever had. It's easy to see why the Shocks made him a target. If Mitgaard, who's bigger but not nearly as nimble, could become a significant contributor by halfway through his sophomore season, it shouldn't take nearly that long for Bilau to do so.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 24, 2019, 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              We should go with JaB and JoB for the 2 JB's

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              JamBu and JoBil?

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
            Wonder how good Wade is at SF....
            If his videos are accurate it appears he can go outside and shoot it comfortably.

Comment

• If nothing else, we're at least going to look good in the airports...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                Steeleshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                We fly charter, so you won't be seeing this crew walking through airports.

• Our recruits come in as solid AAC potential type players. Some will graduate as HCGM developed Lunkers that can Dance at many Dances in March. The other Shocks can assist in repeating History in due time to continue to defeat the Indiana, Ohio State, Zags, Pitt, etc. of the world at the same Dances. There will definitely be more Shocks making the NBA and Overseas squads in the near future. Can't wait to see the future recruits that our awesome Coaching Staff will reel in at 21st & Hillside. Like a spoiled kid at a candy store, we can be assured great treats will continue to happen. Just think of all the obstacles that happened last year. Through it all, our beloved young Shocks plowed through adversity and came on stronger the 2nd part of the Season than this eternal optimist even thought was possible. Now with the reloading of recruits, and the development of returning players, the competition for playing time at all 5 positions will be intense. Quality depth is a specialty of Coach Marshall and he surrounds himself with top-notch Coaches to bring a quality and prepared Shocker squad to the hardwood every game. I like it!!! I like it a lot bay bay!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              If nothing else, we're at least going to look good in the airports...

Even taller than the Dugger, Felter, Mendelson, and Kroll days!!!!!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Those were the days 'my friend', thank God there was an end...

• forevershockerfan
                forevershockerfan commented
                Editing a comment
                you must not forget the power beads.

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't be dissin' my boy John Felter…...

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Those days weren’t very good for us. Looked good...played like crap

Comment

• I think it’s very possible this season is going to be reminiscent of when we had FVV, Baker, Shamet and MM on the same squad. We have what I consider to be a very promising crop of young players with that NBA potential and when we look back on this squad in 4 years, we’ll remember how spoiled we were and didn’t even know it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Ah yes, Fogler's "type" of front-line bruisers; Could't run very fast, or jump very high, but they did things the "right way." :boxing:

Wichita St. helped him more than the other way around.

Comment

• Hard not to be excited to see Bilau in person at Shocker Madness and beyond. It seems like last years class + this years recruits + Marshall and staff have the potential to win a lot of games in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                    X