Demontay Dixon 6'9 F/C 2019 JUCO to Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demontay Dixon 6'9 F/C 2019 JUCO to Evansville

Wichita State has offered 6'9 Demontay Dixon of Walters State CC in Tennessee. Demontay is a freshman at Walters State and would appear to have three years of eligibility remaining. Committed to Illinois State in August 2017 before backing out of his commitment this summer. https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/co...3c5771038.html

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4847574/Demontay-Dixon

247: https://247sports.com/player/demontay-dixon-78522/
    VC: https://verbalcommits.com/players/demontay-dixon

This offer is probably just to mess with Illinois State coach...lol

Comment

Not much post in his game, but he can shoot it, looks like.

Comment

Was his record too clean for Illinois State so they released him?

Comment

Doesn’t make sense to me. Would be in the same class as all the other current freshman.

I would expect anyone coming in to be in a different class that the 2022 graduating class
          The Assman

Comment

His stock is rising.

Comment

Hmmm, wonder what the changes are of of a coach turning down a really attractive looking prospective big man, who has three remaining years of eligibility, because of class size?

Somehow, I bet GM was aware of this before he offered, and has a plan to work around this.

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                Because you need to have multiple irons in the fire, in case your plans fall through elsewhere.

And yes, thank you, I know that Marshall is more than likely aware of class size....

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                This may be an unusually big one, but Marshall has yet to have a class size that didn't take care of itself. It'll all work out, just as it always does.

Demontay Dixon stats at Walters State.

He is averaging 16.7 pts, 6 rebs
              51% FG, 50% 3FG (attempts 2.0/gm), 82% FT.

Don't know why, but he didn't appear in the last two games, so those stats are from his first three games.

Comment

Demontay hurt his hand and missed a couple of games but has played the last two and is still averaging about 16 points a game for a very balanced Walters State team.

Comment

If Shoxlax is on board, then I am. I think the 4 spot definitely has the most question marks for next year's roster. Would prefer not to put another in our current freshman class, though.

Comment

Agree about the class size. This guy is an intriguing player, pretty big upside.

Comment

My guess is they go small at the 4 next year with Teddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        My guess is they go small at the 4 next year with Teddy.
                        My thought as well.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I still think Teddy is a 3. We’ll be more experienced next year across the board and I expect Gordon to compete for that 4 spot.

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Disagree, Dan -- Teddy is about as much of a 3 as Charles Barkley was.

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess each should explain why they believe Teddy is more of a 3 or a 4. For me, I strongly lean as a 3. Cotton was a little short for a 3, but he certainly didn't let that stop him from being very effective there. HCGM has said that JB is a 1 or a 3 due to him not being a good enough shot from the 3 to be a 2. TA is only an inch taller. His shooting is not going to stretch the D at the 4 and TA could be very undersized there on D. I believe TA played the 3 for WV as they had 4 players in their 9 man rotation that were 6'8", all over 20 mpg, so one probably also played some 3. Also, our roster may require him to play more 4, but I don't believe that's his best position.
                          Now against smaller lineups, he might work at the 4. Just my 2 cents worth.

JucoRecruiting.com@JucoRecruiting 2h2 hours ago

More
                        • Copy link to Tweet
                        • Embed Tweet

Demontay Dixon (6’9, F, 2019) of Walters State has commited to Evansville

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Interesting -- good get for that mid-major league we all used to follow more closely, and good luck to him as well.
                      Working...
                      X