X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Why does everyone think redshirting is a bad or taboo subject? Some of our better players redshirted. As 3G once said, they are better as seniors than they are as freshmen. JT Durley, PJ Cousinard, Shaq Morris, Troy Mack, Ron Baker to name a few. Redshirting is not a bad thing, nor is it a slam on a player. If we have on opportunity to develop a kid over 5 years versus 4, I’ll take it.
    In the transfer environment a redshirt steals a potential year of eligibility from a kid. I’d rather see a sophomore redshirt than a freshman. Both sides (coach/player) can agree that the fit is right but further development is needed.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

In the transfer environment a redshirt steals a potential year of eligibility from a kid. I’d rather see a sophomore redshirt than a freshman. Both sides (coach/player) can agree that the fit is right but further development is needed.
      Huh, how does a freshman RS steal a year byut not a sophomore RS not? In the old math I grew up with, a year = a year!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Because neither party, coach nor player, know what they are getting into as a freshman.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        what he means is that if a freshman redshirts and then decides its not a fit and then transfers, he loses a year. The kid can then either go to JUCO (like Rian Holland) or lose a year sitting out at another D1 school. You don't lose a year if you redshirt and stay in the program.

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I see. He steals a year from himself, not from some other kid (that's the way I read it at first).

I really don’t care if he redshirts. Most Top 175 recruits don’t. He is rated higher than players like Austin Reeves and Holland. Reaves could have used one because of his health (chronicly injured shoulder).

However, if he coach thinks he needs to redshirt and he agrees, then he should do it. The emphasis is that he needs to agree. The other emphasis is that I don’t see how anyone can determine that he should redshirt from a high light video here on Shockernet. It’s too difficult to determine his opposition, etc. I know that Woodstock is a highly rated prep school just like Sunrise. His opposition would be very good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        PJ was a 6’2” Power Forward out of high school.
        He played the 1, 2, 3, and 4 spots in high school. Did recruiting services list him as a PF?
        Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He played the 1, 2, 3, and 4 spots in high school. Did recruiting services list him as a PF?
          He also washed towels, uniforms and bottled the spring-fed water. Let's give him full disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I don’t see how anyone can determine that he should redshirt from a high light video here on Shockernet.
            That’s why I asked the OP for clarification on their red shirt comment. Thought maybe they had some additional information or insight they could share. Alas, they did not.

He may need a RS, he may not. There doesn’t seem to be enough information available at this point to make that determination.

Either way, I’m lookng forward to seeing this guy in action!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He also washed towels, uniforms and bottled the spring-fed water. Let's give him full disclosure.
              He also -- get this -- lettered in soccer. That dude would have made one heckuva center back.
              Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Isn't the guy back of the center the quarterback?

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa, 72, you really took this thread an LGBTQXYZ direction!

Is that anything like a left out. Just asking for a friend

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                No this position is more inclusive.

Noah with 17 pts with 5 treys in a blowout win. Woodstock Academy is 29-1 on the year.

https://www.norwichbulletin.com/spor...-ledyard-again

https://twitter.com/WAAthletics/stat...76939543085061

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
              Isaac Asimov

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                5 threes, I like that. I wonder what his % is on the year?

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, we know he's better than 1-18.

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                1-19, now
            Working...
            X