Noah Fernandes 6'0 PG 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    On a list of things it does not complete, next year's signing class is at the top of that list.

Comment

This is the first potential PG out of HS that I've liked since VanVleet. Assist numbers say he's really a PG. All the services say he's really a PG. Holland, Taylor, and Henderson were all "guards" , and none of them were able to convert to being a true PG at this level.

We've got plenty of "combo guards". This is what the 2019 class really needed. One year with Torres and then take over as a Soph.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I’m thinking Burton and this guy will have the PG duties nailed down for the next 4-5 years.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          On a list of things it does not complete, next year's signing class is at the top of that list.
          Considering that (a) no one has signed yet, and (b) the number of times since he's been at WSU Marshall has recruited past what we on the outside thought to be the magic 13, there's good reason to believe that will turn out to be true.

Comment

1-3 players on the current roster are more then likely not going to get a satisfactory level of playing time and will transfer out.

Comment

Not my first, or even second choice, but trust in 3G's assessment / judgement.

Comment

Was not Isaac Brown the lead recruiter on Gordon as well?
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Gregg Marshall's winning ways lands point guard of the future

I'm liking what they are saying about this kid. But I think he'll have to work on that step-back jumper. Looks like travelling to me.

Comment

“I play the game with a lot of passion and at the end of the day, all I want to do is win,” Fernandes said.

IIRC correctly Fred also liked to use "the end of the day" phrase.

Comment

Yeah I like this kid as FVV v2.0. Looks and sounds the same, in many regards. Also, seems like a fairly decent analog to our lost Lomax.

Comment

In a reply to my tweet, Taylor sure makes it sound like Marshall and company were really targeting this young man so there may be something to the FVV comparisons, at least in terms of being a real leader and PG of a championship-level college BB team. If anything, there is so serious competition at the PG spot in a year with Burton, Torres and now Fernandez in the lineup. I like it, I like it a lot!

Comment

Comment

What I missed most about FVV was his defensive genius. I'm hoping this kid can replicate some of that.

Comment

• Dan
                              Dan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Fred also had a very stout body. Noah is gonna have to hit the weights/protein shakes to be like Fred. He's on the lean side, which can lead to getting pushed around in D1. He'll need the next year to bulk up for sure.

I think Burton is a guy who can play point and make plays as needed... But his natural position is off the ball... But it's nice having a guy that can make plays and score at both positions if need be

Comment

Working...
                            X