Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll start the reasons:
      1. We have 2 scholarships available and are still offering
      2. We have a PG committed and are recruiting another PG
      3. Etienne may be a better PG option than the other guy that committed
      4. 3G may not think any of our existing freshmen are PG material, thus the need for 2 PGs

This is just a start, and just guessing on #3 and #4

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take a stab at it.
      GGG can taste a NC and knows you can't have too many quality PG’s.
      Last edited by WstateU; October 1, 2018, 02:43 PM.

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely nothing wrong with having more than one PG, or guy capable of playing the position, on the floor at any given time.

All it means is more players transferring out due lack of playing time ... competition will get tougher and good for everyone in the program.

Comment

Article on kansas.com has this kid saying all the right things. Seems really excited about the " chip on the shoulder" attitude that the Shocks are known for.

Comment

For those that haven't seen

Comment

Look, I've stated here before that I am really curious why we don't get more interest from the higher rated talent out there and am stoked that it's finally happening. But I'm also curious how this affects the youngsters who have already committed for 2019. Surely 3G has had the conversation with them, "Hey, no offense, but I'm still looking to add some key talent at your position, don't be alarmed by my recruiting activities. I still have room for you." Or something to that nature. There was some chatter that Gregg was interested in Tre Mitchell, who BTW, is on an official visit with UCONN this weekend IIRC, as well. If he can secure commitments from two 4* players in addition to the two 3* players who have already committed, do those two look elsewhere? I like what I've read about and seen with Noah and DeAntoni and am thrilled to have them on the roster. But damn, Tyson and Tre would be a great get!!!

Comment

If this were twenty years ago, I don't think we would see this going on. The truth of the matter is there is a lot of transferring going on and as a top program you have to recruit to that possibility. It seems to me that Coach is trying to aim high with another recruit or two and see what happens.

Comment

I hated seeing D. Jones leave the program so quickly because I bought into his recruiting pedigree. It doesn't seem to have paid off in a readily apparent fashion.

T. Waterman, on the other hand, appears to be paying dividends before the season has even tipped off. I'm glad he's a long-time GGG protege.

Comment

If WSU is going to go over on schollies, this is the kid you want to do it on.
                The Assman

Comment

Some transfers plus one and done(s)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    I hated seeing D. Jones leave the program so quickly because I bought into his recruiting pedigree. It doesn't seem to have paid off in a readily apparent fashion.

T. Waterman, on the other hand, appears to be paying dividends before the season has even tipped off. I'm glad he's a long-time GGG protege.
                    D Jones was a perfect example of organizational dead wood.

All the AAC folks were right on him. We were irrationally optimistic.

Comment

Comment

This would be a huge commit. Not going to get my hopes up quite yet...

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not quite yet huh?

So he decided not to visit us this weekend??? Am I understanding this correctly? And why would that be "good news"???
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No, you aren't. He's already been here; the Eagle article about his visit showed him in Shocker colors, although if you live in Arizona you'd have had to see it online or in this forum. Not taking an official visit SOMEWHERE ELSE could be good news in that it prevents him from getting swayed (away from WSU, that is) by someone else's pitch.

• choida
                          choida commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Basically it's how you interpret that statement...I didn't understand at first either... Until I slowed down and read it. By not going to another school to visit... Means our visit looks good

they walk among us

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          So he decided not to visit us this weekend??? Am I understanding this correctly? And why would that be "good news"???
                          Tyson took an official vist to Wichita last weekend as reported by Taylor Eldridge.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...219379125.html

The Shockers were his 2nd official vist. He previously took an official visit to Oklahoma.

Taylor reported that:
                          He could take a third official visit this coming weekend, although he has not scheduled one yet. He has taken unofficial visits to VCU and Seton Hall.
                          Whether or not the fact he isn't taking an official visit this weekned is good news or not remains to be seen.

Comment

• Slykryck
                            Slykryck commented
                            Editing a comment
                            1972 beat me to the draw...with a much better post as well.
                        Working...
                        X