No announcement yet.

Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as “outbidding” is concerned, I have a feeling he could get more money at both WSU or certainly other P5s.

How he went about his recruitment leads me to think he was not shopping around for the most money.

That still doesn’t make this not-disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      How he went about his recruitment leads me to think he was not shopping around for the most money.

That still doesn’t make this not-disappointing.
      This is how I feel.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This shouldn't be assumed. It would only take one ORU booster donating to one player to retain him. They don't have to have a competitive collective overall to retain a single player.

And then there is the religious aspect.

I know of one very bright, level-headed student athlete prospect that rejected WSU because when he took his campus tour it was a very weird and awkward woke experience. There is at least one ambassador at our school projecting their leftist politics during our freakin' campus visits. I tried to convince him that is definitely not the norm on campus, but he wouldn't believe me. I'm not even sure I'm right anymore. Can you imagine if an ORU recruit got stuck with one of those ambassadors? Not good.
        Also think we shouldn't assume that every miss we have is because every other school has boosters donating more than us. That seems to be the common scapegoat.

I can buy the religious aspect IF he's extremely religious. Don't know him so can't say one way or another. There are also lots of other religious schools that would have loved his services i'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Is it possible the Wichita State has a guy committed (but announced) such as Jamarii Thomas and retracted their offer to McBride or made it conditional on not signing the committed player within a certain time period?
          I haven't seen us on a single player that would be worth pulling an offer from McBride IMO. Maybe there is a top secret one, but IMO McBride was the best known recruit out of this class

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I haven't seen us on a single player that would be worth pulling an offer from McBride IMO. Maybe there is a top secret one, but IMO McBride was the best known recruit out of this class
            A bird in hand...

Comment

• Big embarrassment for Mills for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

A bird in hand...
                Agreed... and maybe we will find out soon enough he has 2 guard spots filled already and just needs a big. Time will tell. McBride was "best available" so even if we had one other guard lined up, you'd still keep the offer there.

Comment

• McBride heard that Mills is bringing in Jimmy Chitwood, 6’2” guard from Hickory, Indiana.

Comment

• There is a short interview on you tube with McBride from March 2023. He still must feel the same about ORU even after a losing season. You have to admire the loyalty.
                    Last edited by Shocker82/85; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      McBride heard that Mills is bringing in Jimmy Chitwood, 6’2” guard from Hickory, Indiana.
                      I'll Make It!!!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Good for him and ORU

Comment

Working...
                        X