Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Not saying you’re wrong because I have no idea, but what makes you think that about McBride?

Also who is Jones?
    I guess my memory is "over the hill". I was referring to Hill. I'll correct my post. Thanks.

My thought on McBride is only based on a sniff test. McBride looked like a "natural" to come to WSU. Shortly after his visit Mills made some comments about needing more NIL $$. Could just be a coincidence, but I'm not much of a believer in coincidences.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I guess my memory is "over the hill". I was referring to Hill. I'll correct my post. Thanks.

My thought on McBride is only based on a sniff test. McBride looked like a "natural" to come to WSU. Shortly after his visit Mills made some comments about needing more NIL $$. Could just be a coincidence, but I'm not much of a believer in coincidences.
      I have a suspicion that was about Overton, who ended up at Tech and had us listed as a contact about that time. But also have no idea - you could be right.

I seem to agree about Hill.

Comment

• McBride staying at ORU.

Boo.

Comment

McBride staying at ORU.

Boo.
          woof .. not ideal. Hopefully can land one of the other two

Comment

McBride staying at ORU.

Boo.
            Weird

Comment

• Something was weird with his situation. If I’m betting I think we were still his only visit. Zero information about his recruitment out there. Who knows.

Comment

Something was weird with his situation. If I’m betting I think we were still his only visit. Zero information about his recruitment out there. Who knows.
                I know people think I'm just being negative on Mills .. but its hard to not wonder why none of his previous players wanted to follow him. We are now 0 for 2 on pulling one up here. Abmas was a little easier to understand since he got a bag and went to a Big 12 school .. but McBride choosing to stay in the Summit league (and you can't reasonably say they have better NIL) instead of come here is just weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I know people think I'm just being negative on Mills .. but it’s hard to not wonder why none of his previous players wanted to follow him. We are now 0 for 2 on pulling one up here. Abmas was a little easier to understand since he got a bag and went to a Big 12 school .. but McBride choosing to stay in the Summit league (and you can't reasonably say they have better NIL) instead of come here is just weird.
                  I sort of agree. But if McBride visited here, ane no where else, it’s obviously not that he dislikes Mills.

That being said, yeah it’s disappointing. No doubt.

Comment

I sort of agree. But if McBride visited here, ane no where else, it’s obviously not that he dislikes Mills.

That being said, yeah it’s disappointing. No doubt.
                    Yea .. may not dislike him .. but also him and whatever WSU was offering wasn't enough to overcome ... Oral Roberts ... so he also didn't "like" him either ha! ... just weird overall.

Comment

McBride staying at ORU.

Boo.
                      Awww
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• That’s very, very disappointing for a multitude of reasons.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We can't outbid ORU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              and you can't reasonably say they have better NIL
                              This shouldn't be assumed. It would only take one ORU booster donating to one player to retain him. They don't have to have a competitive collective overall to retain a single player.

And then there is the religious aspect.

I know of one very bright, level-headed student athlete prospect that rejected WSU because when he took his campus tour it was a very weird and awkward woke experience. There is at least one ambassador at our school projecting their leftist politics during our freakin' campus visits. I tried to convince him that is definitely not the norm on campus, but he wouldn't believe me. I'm not even sure I'm right anymore. Can you imagine if an ORU recruit got stuck with one of those ambassadors? Not good.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                We can't outbid ORU?
                                Is it possible the Wichita State has a guy committed (but announced) such as Jamarii Thomas and retracted their offer to McBride or made it conditional on not signing the committed player within a certain time period?

Comment

Working...
                                X