Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    I don't know what to think with McBride, concerned it's been a few weeks since his visit and we are bringing in other transfer that play his position. But I guess it is good he hasn't taken any other visits
    If by a "few weeks" you mean 2 weeks....then yeah I can see where you are coming from. Just glad we havent stopped recruiting while he decides. But I respect that the kid wants to take some time to figure out his next step. Hopefully we will hear something concrete soon.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Something tells me he is planning on coming here IF the collective can get enough money together. Then who is to say someone won’t offer more. Why hasn’t he taken any other visits?

The entire system is laughable.

Comment

• Yes it is (laughable) and just stupid. Sorry for my French but a f'n s##t show is what it's become.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• April 17th. (Tomorrow) is the first signing day of for recruits. Would love us to sign I. McBride or Hill which would be an improvement over last Season at the guard position. Small ball? If so, X. Bell or TJ could possibly play the 2 and 3 slot.
          We need both a 4 and 5 added IMO. Injuries happen so let's load up.

Hoping that Taylor E. Is allowed to give us as much scoop as possible
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            April 17th. (Tomorrow) is the first signing day of for recruits. Would love us to sign I. McBride or Hill which would be an improvement over last Season at the guard position. Small ball? If so, X. Bell or TJ could possibly play the 2 and 3 slot.
            We need both a 4 and 5 added IMO. Injuries happen so let's load up.

Hoping that Taylor E. Is allowed to give us as much scoop as possible
            We lost FOUR big guys. We are hoping to add TWO to replace them. That might work, maybe.

Comment

• My understanding is that we have only 3 ships left. We all want a solid pg.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                My understanding is that we have only 3 ships left. We all want a solid pg.
                At least we have bodies for that position (the ones that played it last year). Who do we have to take on backing up Ballard and replacing Pohto, Ridgnal, Abidde at the 4?
                Last edited by ShockTalk; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• We do have 7 guards but only 3 ships. It will be interesting to see what they decide. Hope to get scoop tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

At least we have bodies for that position (the ones that played it last year). Who do we have to take on backing up Ballard and replacing Pohto, Ridgnal, Abidde at the 4?
                    Ronnie

Comment

• Maybe we’re going to do more small ball lineups next year

Comment

• Maybe there are some guys on the bench going into the portal and they just don’t know it yet…

Comment

• There's no chance to improve the oncourt results if PG play doesn't improve. That is priority 1. Nothing else matters if you can't take care of the ball and distribute.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            There's no chance to improve the oncourt results if PG play doesn't improve. That is priority 1. Nothing else matters if you can't take care of the ball and distribute.
                            Gonna be really disappointed if we can’t even get McBride.

Comment

• It's looking like (at this point) we can't afford McBride. An earlier post mentioned that no players followed Jones on social media during or after his visit. If that's true, then Jones may not have made a favorable impression on a single member of the team, which would pretty much eliminate him.

Edit: Hill, not Jones. Thanks ShockerExpress
                              Last edited by Aargh; 2 weeks ago.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                It's looking like (at this point) we can't afford McBride. An earlier post mentioned that no players followed Jones on social media during or after his visit. If that's true, then Jones may not have made a favorable impression on a single member of the team, which would pretty much eliminate him.
                                Not saying you’re wrong because I have no idea, but what makes you think that about McBride?

Also who is Jones?

Comment

Working...
                                X