Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
    What we could really use are a couple diamond in the rough, overlooked recruits who blossom with all the minutes they get as freshmen….. and stay because they are loyal to the coach and the program for takings chance on them.

I know it’d be like catching two lightning bolts in the same bottle…. But the chances aren’t any worse than winning the portal game from our current playing position at the table.
    We are definitely going to need to land a diamond in the rough here and there. We are also going to have to be able to "coach em up" better than we have the last 4 years. I do think we are likely making some progress with the NIL bucket with the recent push. They are going to have to sustain that and also show pretty drastic improvement on the court this year to keep the momentum. Having enough to retain key people and hopefully land one impact player each year will be key.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      So how about that McBride kid
      Trevor?

Comment

• WSU has a long history of diamonds in the rough. We’ve always had a roster full of kids that were overlooked. If PM can recruit, he can find these kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          WSU has a long history of diamonds in the rough. We’ve always had a roster full of kids that were overlooked. If PM can recruit, he can find these kids.
          In other words, if PM can't fined kids that are studs that no one else wants, then he can' recruit.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

In other words, if PM can't fined kids that are studs that no one else wants, then he can' recruit.
            They don’t all need to be studs but he does need to find a couple. If none of them are studs, then you are correct.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if he lands some studs that lots of other people want too.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wouldn’t complain, but even 3G had problems getting high level guys. If we had one or two top 150s, we were doing good.

Comment

• I just don’t think we can afford McBride.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                    I just don’t think we can afford McBride.
                    Nope. ACKS is in over his head...

Comment

• We should be hitting the juco ranks hard. Always good PGs available and most likely not looking for big NIL payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        We should be hitting the juco ranks hard. Always good PGs available and most likely not looking for big NIL payday.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          We should be hitting the juco ranks hard. Always good PGs available and most likely not looking for big NIL payday.
                          I'm starting to wonder if Mills has the Turgeon philosophy on recruiting and we'll see a large drop off from target A to target B and then another for target C. That was a legit knock on Mark when he was here. His backup options were not up to where they needed to be. Or maybe it was what was left to be target B after target A finally decided to go elsewhere. Marshall had the approach more often than not that the first person he liked that would commit would get the scholarship.

It's still relatively early, but time will tell.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Mills has the Turgeon philosophy on recruiting and we'll see a large drop off from target A to target B and then another for target C. That was a legit knock on Mark when he was here. His backup options were not up to where they needed to be. Or maybe it was what was left to be target B after target A finally decided to go elsewhere. Marshall had the approach more often than not that the first person he liked that would commit would get the scholarship.

It's still relatively early, but time will tell.
                            I definitely remember Turgeon always recruiting some high level players and frequently we would make their final list of schools but practically never would we be the final pick.

Comment

• Seems to me there is nothing to lose by offering the high level guys. There are at least 20-25 guys in the portal I'd like to see us offer asap

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Seems to me there is nothing to lose by offering the high level guys. There are at least 20-25 guys in the portal I'd like to see us offer asap
                                Number 1...You don't know who has been offered and who has not been offered. Assuming that no offers have been made since no one told you is probably a bad assumption

Number 2 - Mills to prospect: "We'll give you a scholarship and a car to use while you're here if you pay the insurance" Prospect to Mills: "XYZ is offering me a scholarship, a car to use, and $150,000. Get back to me if you can top that".
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X