Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Back in the day, there was a governing body called the NCAA, who created and enforced rules for the colleges and athletes. One of those rules did not allow a coach or school representative to comment on potential recruits until they received a letter of intent.
    Does that NCAA organization exist these days, or is it all on the courts to establish rules? And is that old rule concerning recruits still in effect?
    Maybe if we took Mills to court, they would rule in our favor and demand total transparency on everything recruiting. After all, it is causing quite a bit of mental distress amongst the fan base, for which they perform for.
    ​​​​​
    They still can't comment on specific recruits until they sign. Transfer portal might be a different case. But they can always talk about stuff that is general with recruiting. (Recruiting a PG, looking for a Center, hosting some recruits...etc) just no names.

With Mills he doesn't like to talk about anything. And I wonder if he tells recruits not to say anything. Cause Eldridge reached out to McBride after the visit but he didn't get back with him evidently.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It's truly amazing how many things have changed for the worst in the past 3.5 years. From high prices all around, wars, crime...to the NCAA mess. Wtf has happened?
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        It's truly amazing how many things have changed for the worst in the past 3.5 years. From high prices all around, wars, crime...to the NCAA mess. Wtf has happened?
        I can't for the life of me figure that one out.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one mentioned the question to Saal in the KGSO interview about the commitment a school has to make to any player they take from the portal. I had never heard of this, but the school has to provide a scholarship to the athlete through to graduation. I would assume if a player re-enters the portal, the school is off the hook.

So when it comes to the portal, the universities are, in essence, obligated to multiple years of scholarship for each athlete (other than those with one year of eligibility left). Now, if the NCAA would also require some concession from the players (ie. sitting out a year if they re-enter the portal and end up at another school), there would be an element of fairness.

EDIT: Found a link about it:

Schools that award scholarships to transfer athletes must provide it for the rest of that student's five-year eligibility or until they graduate.

I also removed the part where I said even if they turn pro. According to the link, if they turn pro, the requirement no longer applies.
          Last edited by RoyalShock; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one mentioned the question to Saal in the KGSO interview about the commitment a school has to make to any player they take from the portal. I had never heard of this, but the school has to provide a scholarship to the athlete through to graduation. I would assume if a player re-enters the portal, the school is off the hook.

So when it comes to the portal, the universities are, in essence, obligated to multiple years of scholarship for each athlete (other than those with one year of eligibility left). Now, if the NCAA would also require some concession from the players (ie. sitting out a year if they re-enter the portal and end up at another school), there would be an element of fairness.

EDIT: Found a link about it:

Schools that award scholarships to transfer athletes must provide it for the rest of that student's five-year eligibility or until they graduate.

I also removed the part where I said even if they turn pro. According to the link, if they turn pro, the requirement no longer applies.
            I wonder if that will change if the 2 time transfer injuction becomes permanent.

I kinda understand that you wouldn't want schools pulling scholarships from players that would then be forced to sit out a year to find a new school. If that sit-out is no longer required, I would expect the requirement to guarantee a scholarship to go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Do we actually see true offers with the transfer portal? I know we see offers regarding initial recruiting as a HS or juco athlete, but is there any similar posting about portal transfers?
              Plus those offers you hear about aren't announced by the coach or the school. They are generally announced by the player receiving the offer.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm expecting the four new players will be revealed during Shocker Madness at this point.
                If it takes that long, we already know who they are. Just go to the portal, sort by ranking and then scroll down to the very bottom.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's truly amazing how many things have changed for the worst in the past 3.5 years. From high prices all around, wars, crime...to the NCAA mess. Wtf has happened?
                  100 %

Comment

Not just the last 3.5 years. It’s been like the last 5-7 years at minimum. And it’s not just Biden’s fault. It’s also the impeached president’s fault. America has been well and truly f’d up for a while and you kinda have to live abroad to realize just to the extent of how much (not that the UK is miles better, but I will say qualify of life here is Significantly better even with less pay (on paper)).

sad thing is I don’t see things trending better. Kids these days have AI that can create realistic nude depictions of anybody they know based on a normal photo. We’ll hit video before long. I’m terrified for the world that my kids will step into…

but hopefully it’s one where shockers are back to being what we were hahaha (trying to keep this all shocker related)

Comment

• Started seriously in 2008 when someone said we are going to fundamentally change this country - THAT is the driving force

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Started seriously in 2008 when someone said we are going to fundamentally change this country - THAT is the driving force
                        You nailed that like a split hog. I had hopes he’d be a uniter versus a divider.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• So how about that McBride kid

Comment

• If we can't afford McBride because of NIL, then we better be prepared for Cortes to be the #1 PG and either Bell or Pipkin backing him.

40% 3 point shooters are probably also unaffordable. And the Mills haters will pile it on because "he can't recruit".
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What we could really use are a couple diamond in the rough, overlooked recruits who blossom with all the minutes they get as freshmen….. and stay because they are loyal to the coach and the program for takings chance on them.

I know it’d be like catching two lightning bolts in the same bottle…. But the chances aren’t any worse than winning the portal game from our current playing position at the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                If we can't afford McBride because of NIL, then we better be prepared for Cortes to be the #1 PG and either Bell or Pipkin backing him.

40% 3 point shooters are probably also unaffordable. And the Mills haters will pile it on because "he can't recruit".
                                And the Mills apologists will be begging to give him a lifetime contract because "he did the best with what he had available" while we swim at the bottom of the AAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X