No announcement yet.

Issac McBride 6'1 PG Oral Roberts Transfer back to Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't blame McBride for looking for a payday. It's not like he's a sure fire NBA fixture guaranteed millions out of the gate. He's in his final year of college ball and might as well get what he can, while he can.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Shocktown, nothing about McBride came up. Mills did say he wants to sign 2 guards, 1 being a PG, a big to help QB and the best available. Repeated a few times growing the NIL war chest is paramount to getting good players. He did say Johnell Davis from FAU somehow reached out to Mills yesterday saying he would play for WSU if we would get him $1.2 Million in NIL bucks. Guess what; he won’t be a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
        He did say Johnell Davis from FAU somehow reached out to Mills yesterday saying he would play for WSU if we would get him $1.2 Million in NIL bucks. Guess what; he won’t be a Shocker.
        Did he actually say that? lmao

Comment

• Yes he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
            Yes he did.
            I didn't hear any names regarding the player wanting a specific amount. What time during the interview was it?
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I didn't hear any names regarding the player wanting a specific amount. What time during the interview was it?
              I think he's referencing the dinner they had last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I think he's referencing the dinner they had last night.
                Ah gotcha. I was gonna say...just re-listened to the interview and no names were mentioned lol.

OK, my bad. I missed that that was what he was referencing.

Thank you

Here is the interview I was mentioning.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Ah gotcha. I was gonna say...just re-listened to the interview and no names were mentioned lol.

OK, my bad. I missed that that was what he was referencing.

Thank you

Here is the interview I was mentioning.

https://youtu.be/u_Bp6wtgmQM?si=z9yV4BpeGq-piLkB
                  I watched this after seeing your original comment.

Honestly this sounds like the same situation. To me, this sounds like McBride and Davis. McBride, who he makes a comment about knowing what other schools are offering, seems to be the one that he "gravitated towards", hence the offer/visit. It would also make sense that McBride is a bit more open with Mills about what other offers he's receiving considering their past relationship.

Comment

• When are we AT LEAST going to see some offers? Aim high for four stars now or a three you really feel good about but let's see some activity on guys PM would like to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I watched this after seeing your original comment.

Honestly this sounds like the same situation. To me, this sounds like McBride and Davis. McBride, who he makes a comment about knowing what other schools are offering, seems to be the one that he "gravitated towards", hence the offer/visit. It would also make sense that McBride is a bit more open with Mills about what other offers he's receiving considering their past relationship.
                      Good points

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        When are we AT LEAST going to see some offers? Aim high for four stars now or a three you really feel good about but let's see some activity on guys PM would like to have.
                        We aren't. We should know by now that isn't how Mills operates unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          When are we AT LEAST going to see some offers? Aim high for four stars now or a three you really feel good about but let's see some activity on guys PM would like to have.
                          I'm expecting the four new players will be revealed during Shocker Madness at this point.

Comment

We aren't. We should know by now that isn't how Mills operates unfortunately
                            Do we actually see true offers with the transfer portal? I know we see offers regarding initial recruiting as a HS or juco athlete, but is there any similar posting about portal transfers?
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Do we actually see true offers with the transfer portal? I know we see offers regarding initial recruiting as a HS or juco athlete, but is there any similar posting about portal transfers?
                              Well...no...not that I know of. But we likely won't hear anything at all until it happens. Like someone said....we will probably find out at Shocker Madness lol

Comment

• Back in the day, there was a governing body called the NCAA, who created and enforced rules for the colleges and athletes. One of those rules did not allow a coach or school representative to comment on potential recruits until they received a letter of intent.
                                Does that NCAA organization exist these days, or is it all on the courts to establish rules? And is that old rule concerning recruits still in effect?
                                Maybe if we took Mills to court, they would rule in our favor and demand total transparency on everything recruiting. After all, it is causing quite a bit of mental distress amongst the fan base, for which they perform for.
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X