Clear All

Would be a great start

Comment

Say your prayers.

Comment

Hope we sign him

Comment

This one would be great!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

A 4 star in high school.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Home run if Mills can get him to commit.
              Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; March 29, 2024, 09:39 PM.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Makes too much sense.

Comment

Hopefully it isn't Abmas round 2.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    The official visit days after entering the portal (Abmas never visited) makes me think there is some momentum

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The official visit days after entering the portal (Abmas never visited) makes me think there is some momentum
                      I thought he did visit? Did he cancel it? I know he was supposed to

Comment

Part of problem with MA was that he waited until April 27 to commit to Texas. Dragging his feet might have and likely did keep WSU from having a shot at suitable replacements.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Part of problem with MA was that he waited until April 27 to commit to Texas. Dragging his feet might have and likely did keep WSU from having a shot at suitable replacements.
                          I know this is a very small sample, but I re-looked at Cortes numbers for the AAC tourney:

Fri 3/15 vsUABUAB L
                          72-60
                          24 3-6 50.0 1-2 50.0 0-0 0.0 2 6 0 0 2 3 7
                          AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP - QUARTERFINAL
                          Thu 3/14 vsMEMMEM W
                          71-65
                          31 4-7 57.1 1-3 33.3 2-2 100.0 6 5 0 1 0 1 11
                          AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP - 2ND ROUND
                          Wed 3/13 vsRICERICE W
                          88-81
                          22 5-8 62.5 2-2 100.0 0-0 0.0 1 5 0 0 2 1 12

That's an average of: 25.7 MPG / 12-21 FG 57.1% / 4-7 3pt 57.1% / 2-2 FT / 9 rebounds / 16 assists with 5 TOs, 3.2 to 1 ratio / only 4 fouls / 30 points or 10 point avg.

Two of those games were against good competition, all on the road, over 3 straight days.

I realize what we usually saw, nevertheless, those are good stats. If we can get someone with more quality PG play from last year, great. If not, maybe Cortes and Pipkin can handle it.

Comment

I thought he did visit? Did he cancel it? I know he was supposed to
                            He was allegedly supposed to but committed to Texas a few days before the visit was to occur.

Comment

At ORU Mills was sometimes playing 3 players who were considered PG's or who were capable of playing PG. There are advantages to having 2 or 3 guys on the court who can handle the ball, are proficient passers, and have good court vision.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Either some momentum or perhaps just a courtesy to his former coach. But getting hin on campus for a visit at least gives Coach Mills a better chance at making a sale.

Or I guess these days that would be making a purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X