X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejean "Boogie" Ellis 6'2 CG 2019 to Duke

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...008449025?s=21

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...e-ellis-181700

Rejean is a big-time scorer. Averaged 17 points per game in the EYBL, playing for the Oakland Soldiers. Shot 46% from three at a high volume and 80% from the free-throw line. Doesn't appear to be a natural point guard (2.1 assists per game), but turns the ball over at a fairly low-rate given his usage (1.2 turnovers per game).

SportsEngine HQ supports the admins, coaches, and volunteers who make play happen with a full roster of tools designed to save time and grow participation—on one complete platform.

Comment

Rejean's entry song...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

With that name I think he might be able to get the Shocks to the dance.

Comment

Like this guy a lot! So hard to pry these types of young players from the high major offers he has received...but if anybody can do it...Gregg Marshall and company can.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I have to expect the kid will be hard to pry out of Southern California but man, that would be bigger than 3G pulling (okay, we lost him, but he was on his way here before Penny got involved) A-Lo out of Memphis. Kid's got hops, moves and a really smooth shot. Can you imagine adding him to the lineup of guards we've got in the hopper right now?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Rejean's entry song...

Come here, honey! Hey, loosen up, will ya? You're a lot of woman, you know that? Hey, you wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

78-65

Comment

Final 8 for Boogie. No Shockers.

Comment

Troubling. The Shocks have been striking out a lot concerning guards, beginning with Lomax. Hope that changes soon, and believe it will in the fall.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good heavens -- assuming DeAntoni hangs in there, they have one spot currently open, and they're going to reach out to lots of players to fill it. They're likely to extend at least a dozen offers, maybe more, because that's simply how the sales business of recruiting works. The idea that Marshall and his staff are somehow troubled at this point by their 2019 guard recruiting is a big fat LOL, so why should you be, SBT?.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To my rough count, there has already been 11-12 2019 PG/CG Shocker offers out there.

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    11-12 PG/CG offers for one guaranteed spot ...

I assumed at the beginning that we had no shot.

Comment

Some of these are perhaps "shots in the dark," not really expecting anything to come of them. But they serve three purposes that I can see; (1) a miracle could happen and the recruit just falls head over heels for the recruiting coach, (2) the building of a relationship with the recruit's current coach that may benefit WSU down the road, and (3) it gets WSU's image associated with the other scholls on the list.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Whoever we recruit will be looking at the roster and wondering where they can get minutes. Can't blame anyone for being concerned about signing with WSU right now.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        agreed. Anybody but an elite prospect is looking at getting in line behind a large group of people that will only be 1 year ahead of them but have valuable experience. That means realistically they could not be the "primary" person until their senior year.

• Bluzrover
                        Bluzrover commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If we continue to lose players to the NBA, that won't be an issue. We'll start seeing more and more of the higher caliber recruits willing to come here, knowing the guys in front of them might not be here for four years. But I'm also thinking that a 5* recruit is not looking at the roster and thinking "where am I going to get minutes" but more of, "I'm going to start day 1, I don't care who's on the roster."

The only thing getting troubled when contemplating our current recruiting success is my manly parts. I must keep a moist towel near me at all times now that I have recurring clips of summer pickup action lodged firmly in my brain case

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        The only thing getting troubled when contemplating our current recruiting success is my manly parts. I must keep a moist towel near me at all times now that I have recurring clips of summer pickup action lodged firmly in my brain case

T

...:cool:
                        Steamy_hot_towel_served_to_passengers_on_long_haul_flights.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

De-committed from Duke today. Memphis probably the favorite to land Boogie now. Penny still has 4 or 5 open scholarships.

Comment

Working...
                          X