Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I hope it works. Would be great to see him on the floor next year as well as breaking up that huge class just a little bit.
    I thought of that too. That would definitely help.
    78-65

Comment

• If he's eligible, it could even allow/persuade one of the incoming freshman to redshirt, breaking up that class even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Worth a shot I guess. I don’t expect it to be approved.
        I've been surprised a number of times by the NCAA's willingness to allow guys to play right away, so this wouldn't particularly "shock" me either way. And, as others have noted, it would certainly be helpful in terms of experience and adding a second sophomore to Midtgaard's one-man class.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

I've been surprised a number of times by the NCAA's willingness to allow guys to play right away, so this wouldn't particularly "shock" me either way. And, as others have noted, it would certainly be helpful in terms of experience and adding a second sophomore to Midtgaard's one-man class.
          I thought I remembered seeing, in one of the original transfer announcements, a vague reference to the possibility of a waiver allowing him to perhaps play this year. So this possibility did not come as a surprise to me. Hope it works out for the best.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Link please?

• Doesn't seem likely to me. Now if we were UNO. or UMKC, or the flagship, maybe.

Comment

• Yes but what if we were the best and closest option

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Doesn't seem likely to me. Now if we were UNO. or UMKC, or the flagship, maybe.
              Absolutely. They're the cash cow's for the NCAA's big money contracts with ESPN & CBS.

Comment

• Perhaps the NCAA will look favorably on our program since 3G quickly granted a release to A-Lo to go play for his mentor in Memphis. At least, it couldn't have hurt our chances I suppose.

Comment

• Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds motivated. Best thing for this young man is a waiver. If that doesn't happen, I hope he can sustain the focus for another 17 months or so. That would be his biggest challenge and very telling about his future level of success here, on the court overall, and in life frankly. I like this kid!

• Anybody hear anything at all about a waiver yet?

Comment

• Dammit. I thought that was going to be the post I've been waiting for all summer when this popped up in my "new posts" refresh. The only reliable source who has talked about it, Taylor Eldridge (has he left SN?), stated that it was highly unlikely Teddy's waiver would be approved. I would expect it would have to come in the next week or so if it hasn't already passed. Students should be starting classes any day now, right?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would assume the waiver could be had at any point .. i don’t see why it would have to be done by the start of the year. He’s going to be in school no matter what. It’s just whether he can participate in games.

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a good point, he is under scholarship so he is on campus, or will be to attend classes soon. I hadn't thought about that.

• tayloreldridge

Comment

• Compliance officer at the eagle may have said no more...

Comment

• #FreeTaylor!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Even more important -- no offense, Taylor -- free Teddy!

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are famous WSUwatcher ... the post that started #freeteddy!

• Sorry guys, haven't logged in here for awhile. But as of mid-August, there's still no word yet on Teddy's appeal. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything about it. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                        Bluzrover commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well you know Taylor, ever since you popped up here on SN, we all expect you to be here with us 24/7, keeping us up to date on EVERYTHING Shocker sports related and none of us understand why you aren't! What's wrong with you, you got a job or life or something that's keeping you away?

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                    Working...
                    X