Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks kind of like a position-less player. Guard maybe?

Comment

73.8 FT shooter, should settle most of the callers on the post game show

Comment

Advanced stats make it look like a lot happens when he is on the court. Not all of it good, but stuff is happening. Lots of shots and fouls both committed and drawn. A year working on pushing the percentage of good vs. bad a few ticks in the right direction, and he could be a pretty solid player.

Comment

Cant jump over toilet paper, not lethal from deep, big hair. Found our next Evan Wessel
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Evan shot the three ok..............and defended

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            ok, he's strong

I was worried HCGM wasn't going to have a Shaq-like project for the next few years.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
            73.8 FT shooter, should settle most of the callers on the post game show
            Nice. If he has or can develop a reliable 3 point shot, keep improving left hand, and play defense he could be pretty exciting. He looks to get after it on the boards.

If he plays as hard and as smart as Evan Wessell he might get a chance to play professionally. Love Wessell but this guy is on a different level offensively.
            Last edited by pie n eye; May 9, 2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I don't see it

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't see what?

So, to summarize: pin doesn't see it; 3G and his staff, with plenty of time and no immediate urgency to fill the 13th scholarship, see something that causes them to reel in Allen right away. Hmmm. Methinks somebody may be seeing something that someone else is missing.

Someone commented earlier on the large group of ~ 6-5 players on the roster, especially in the class of 2021-22, and it is a boatload -- but didn't Loyola just have a roster full of 6-5 guys get a few prayers answered and go to the Final Four?

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                That is pretty much all i want. Mobile 6’5” guys can do everything

It's a copy cat league... Villanova has a bunch of positionless players as well... Its where the game is moving too...

Comment

The kid succeed at scoring, in the best conference in the country, as a true freshman. He has talent. Period.

I for one, like the swagger and confidence. For 3G’s, It’s all about getting Teddy to control it and using it for good; to play with that intensity and drive in all aspects of the game.

A year away from game time will do wonders for focusing his mind and his game.

Teddy has used his one “Get Out of Jail Free” card. Hopefully, for his and the Shox sake, he will: be greatful for the opportunity, learn from his past experience, and grow/succeed as a player and a man.
                Last edited by Shock Top; May 9, 2018, 12:29 AM.
                The Assman

Comment

Love this kid already! Don’t mind the swagger one bit. This team needed some of that last year. Looks like a leader to me. Passionate. I trust GM can harness his energy for good. The 3 pt percentage would bother me more if he wasn’t able to drive and get to basket and score or get fouled. From what I’ve seen he can create off the dribble which will keep defenses honest. His defense looks ok and can get better. He shows that he wants to get after it defensively getting steals and drawing charges.

Comment

Teddy reminds me of Carl Hall with better driving ability. He's not going to be a perimeter shooter and not a designated "big man" like Hall was. That said, he knows how to finish at the rim, can get his shot inside the arc, and appears to understand body position in both scoring from the post and in rebounding. I like this pick up. If you go to WVU, there has to be more than some 'dog' in you and some desire to play defense.

Comment

We don't need guys who can get to the rim and score. We only need guys to shoot the three. (Sarcasm)

Over the last two seasons, we really needed a guy who could penetrate or create his own shot. Too many guys sitting on the three point line waiting to catch and shoot. Not to worried about the three ball. Teams backed off Rashard and ZB because they couldn't shoot, but also because they were not a threat to score from anywhere.

He'll do well.
                      Last edited by ArtVandalay; May 9, 2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Didn't we have a post player for a year or 2 from Minnesota (I think) with the first name of Teddy?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Didn't we have a post player for a year or 2 from Minnesota (I think) with the first name of Teddy?
                          Calvin Walls, what do I win?

Comment

Working...
                          X