Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure we are never done shaving... Start looking for next year. Or this year...lol

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Plenty of looking has already been going on for next year and no doubt for the year after that as well. Remember we already have one commitment for next year.

I'll say my expectations are gonna be pretty high for 2019

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume you are talking the 2019-2020 season?

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting claim. Willis could score a lot of points in the front court. So could Morris.

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      CJ is a KC guy that covers a lot of Big 12. So either he knows more from watching him. Or hes biased because he's coming from the Big 12

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not saying he's wrong. I hope he's right. Just pointing out that Willis and Morris were very gifted frontcourt scorers. Perhaps he thinks Allen is better. Perhaps he doesn't know much about Willis and Morris.

Watched a bunch of highlight tapes. He’s what you might call a power guard. Thick body uses it well to create space and get to the basket, sort of like how Fred used to do. Here’s a sample.

Comment

Big comments on Teddy. Hope he can put all the pieces together!
    The Assman

Comment

Welcome to Shocker Nation Teddy!
      Livin the dream

Comment

This article says that we tried to get Teddy last year before he committed to West Virgina but said we came in the process too late
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Lots of praise for this commitment

Comment

I'm excited for this pick up. Someone who could score like that immediatly at the D1 level has to be pretty good. Too bad it doesn't break up the class a bit, but oh well. Should be good for him to sit a year.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear we've been targeting players with a bit more swagger.

There are times we are going to **** up, but I think there are a lot more times we're going to **** some other teams up.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

There was a young man they called Buckets...
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

According to ESPN, he was offered by Cincinnati, DePaul, George Mason, Iowa State, TCU, and Virginia Tech before he picked West Virginia.

Seems like an oddly clustered geographic region (except TCU and maybe ISU) to be offering an Arizona kid.

Comment

Can't shoot and not much of a dunker...........but a big time scorer. I wanna see this.

Comment

So here's some insight from a WVU fan on the collegebasketball subreddit:

One of the more enigmatic players I've seen.

And weird. So, so weird.

The type of guy that would get an and 1 on Dean Wade...run to the other end of the court before taking the shot...go up to Coach Huggins and scream "DEAN WADE CAN'T GUARD ME!" run back, screaming the same thing to the KSU crowd...take his free throw...then say the same thing to Bruce Webber after making the free throw.

And then go on to score 20-something points on Dean Wade.

And then after that disappear for 10 games.

And then tell Assistant Coach Harrison to suck your dick.

And then the next day go to the Children's Hospital to volunteer.

Dude could get buckets, though.

Old Teddy Buckets. I'll honestly miss him.

Comment

Anyone know his FT %?

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          74% on decent volume for minutes played (considerably higher FTRate than any WSU guard last season).
                      Working...
                      X