Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was as quick as my wedding night.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Too bad about that, WSG -- maybe you should have tried one of those quickie marriages to Britney Spears. Didn't she has one a while back that was pretty much a wedding night for the entire weekend's duration of the marriage?

Where's cold at?

Comment

Welcome to the 316 Teddy!! Glad to have you as a Shocker!!

Comment

That was one quick signing...

Comment

Does he have to sit 1 or is he able to play this year?
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Shockersarelife
            Shockersarelife commented
            Editing a comment
            Sit

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Sit

Welp, one thing for sure... I can't see a single recruit in this class that isn't built to stand up well to AAC defense and dish out their own. Looks like there are a few shooters too. Next year may be rough going but maybe not as bad as all that.

Comment

Got a feeling 3G is gonna turn this kid into NBA material.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Should we now anticipate a further postponement of that series with the Kittens? If Allen plays against everyone the way he did against them, he'll be all-conference three years in a row.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 8, 2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I think this might be a sneaky good pick up. Hes not the most athletic but he looks like he pretty crafty.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'm going to go on the record and say I like the pickup. Teddy has already proven he can be effective at the Division-1 level. All of the other high school players left have big question marks. He'll sit this year, and then be a very good player for three seasons hopefully.

Comment

Hell yeah!
                    The Assman

Comment

Mountaineers losing Teddy Allen is the equivalence or Shockers losing Austin Reaves

Comment

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They appear to be of similar athletic ablitly.

Austin was clearly the better shooter
                        Teddy is clearly the better scorer.

With lots of other shooters coming in, it’ll be nice to have a player who can create his own ways to make buckets.

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This also give the ability for a freshman to gain valuable minutes while Teddy has to sit.

• IndianaShocker
                        IndianaShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ShockTop totally different physical skill set than AR. Watched him play vs Nova. He's crafty, strong, and able to attack the rim on iso plays from the mid post and 15' area. He missed a few vs Nova he should have made, but what struck me was his ability to create looks by beating his primary defender. WVA also ran blob sets for him (including another missed but wide open 5 footer).

As far as his athleticism and playing below the rim, more like a 3" shorter version of Zach Randolph than AR. Similarities to ZR are not in style of play, rather in craftiness around the rim and ability to finish around & over better, longer, and taller athletes.

I don’t mind picking up a guy that has to sit. Opens up the minutes for our freshman bunch.

Comment

He'll join whoever is left from the freshmen class... No way every freshmen returns for their sophomore year... Sad truth

Comment

Liking this signing!!! Are we done recruiting for this in coming Season?

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Interesting question, FSF -- considering the possibility of some Sunrise (or similar) activity, I guess we don't really know yet (as if SN ever really knows all that's happening). Who knows about Alvarez, for instance?
                        Working...
                        X