Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid can score at all levels, but behind the arc.

Give him a year off to work on his shot, and he could be a tremendous offensive threat anytime he has the ball.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Kid can score at all levels, but behind the arc.

Give him a year off to work on his shot, and he could be a tremendous offensive threat anytime he has the ball.
      Most of the WVU board thought he had the potential to be a quality player, some even calling him a All-Big12 type of potential. Could really score, but they had doubts about his defense. Not very athletic, slow and undersized.

From the 4 minutes of highlights i watched (lol) .. i agree. Not very athletic, not an above the rim player but had some pretty good moves. Though a lot of his scores came in transition due to steals from Carter and others.

Comment

Something obviously evil is happening. I'm agreeing with Cold on his evaluation of potential recruits.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I noticed he’s not much of a dunker. Maybe Kerry can get this guy bouncing, with that year off too! Ha

The kid has valuable D1 minutes, as a freshman, in the BXII. That’s got to mean something.

He also seems a bit immature, but who wasn’t as that age. A year away from court time could probably help some with that as well.
          The Assman

Comment

Another 6'5"ish wing (that we seemed to be loaded with) who may not check the boxes for 3pt%, defense, and possible stretch 4?

Comment

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              A 6'5" stretch 4 that can't hit from 3?

If it can down to Allen vs Amin, I would definitely do Allen. Already proven talent and potential at the highest level of D1.

Marshall and Huggy are similar in a lot of ways, but Marshall is a little more rah-rah and personable. Though similar players might be successful in both coaches system, perhaps Marshall can reach kids Huggy can’t (and visa versa)

Hopefully, a fresh start is all Allen would need. Keep some of the confidence and swagger though! ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Amin is already gone

Potential locker room cancer, no thanks. But the coaches know better than me so let me shut up
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

He speaks well in his interviews. Doesn't sound like a problem child, at least.

It could have just been a bad culture fit, from the beginning, for both sides. Maybe being closer to home would help.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Do transfers count towards our official visit limit? We’ve got to be close to hitting the limit if that’s the case.
                That's a good question. How do we know for sure whose is on an OV and who visits on their own dime? We get 24 official visits every 2 years. So this year we have 24 less however many we had last year. Next year we will have 24 less whatever we had this year but we probably won't need very many next year.

Comment

That would put yet another 6'5" kid into our already huge freshman class?????

Comment

Attention whore with lead in his sneakers. Good nose for the basket though and + energy.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      That would put yet another 6'5" kid into our already huge freshman class?????
                      Hasn’t Marshall said he wanted to retire around age 60? Maybe he’s prepping for one more hard run at a Natty.

Comment

Strange.. He only shot 2 3's in the final 19 games and they were both in the same game. Could be a good get though. 23 ppg and 9 rpg per 40 as a freshmen is no joke. For perspective that is exactly what Shaq did last year as a 5th year senior. Let this guy sit a year and work on his shot, then could be a contributor the following 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          He speaks well in his interviews. Doesn't sound like a problem child, at least.

It could have just been a bad culture fit, from the beginning, for both sides. Maybe being closer to home would help.

Teddy is from Arizona and was sent to Boys Town .

Comment

• Shock Top
                            Shock Top commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, still closer to home than WVU ;)

Teddy is a Shocker.

Comment

Working...
                          X